leeave96

756 NF Tow Point???

Need to move my 756 NF gasser to another spot on the farm (back burner...) until I can get to whatever ails the no-start on it.  About to get VERY busy haying...

It is factory TA delete.

Don’t want to just hook a chain without knowing where is appropriate.

Thanks!

If it has a weight bracket, you can hook there.

We've thrown a chain around the tricycle to move them.  You won't break it.  Now, don't try to pull a stuck tractor from the NF, or if you have to drag it up a hill.  But if you just need to move it a short distance and it's decently flat you'll be fine.

A loft of the NF's have two additional holes on the front at the mounting base to attach a hitch for moving equipment around with. 

Does it have a weight bracket? If it does I would tow from that. If not just find a piece of heavy chain big enough for a bolt to fit through and bolt it to the front casting or frame rails.

On a NF I always used the frame rail that seened to help keep chain up off of front wheels.

First option would be the weight bracket if it has one. Otherwise I would hook chain around  the frame rail. Have pulled a lot of stuck tractors, both nf & wfe that way. Not familiar with the front pedestal on the nf 06 /56 series tractors but on the "letter" series there's two threaded bolt holes. We made a front hitch plate that bolted into those two holes, that has a hole for a hitch pin plus a brackets to  connect a to que to to pull the tractor from bin site to bin site.  The hitch pin hole is to hook a wagon to and push into the shed, much easier to see & maneuver than backing the wagon in.

Thanks for the replies.  The tractor has a front weight bracket - I’ll tow it from there.

Thanks again!