Grampas30

4700 gooseneck hitch

I just bought this 2000 4700, DT466E, Allisson 5 speed OD auto, air brakes, AC, dual air seats, 22.5's, 35,000 lb rated truck from the Iowa DOT auction.  Bed  had a brine set up in it and is totally shot, rusted so bad the tailgate fell off and the left rear corner is sagging.  Nobody would bid on it because of the bed, everyone there wanted dump trucks they could use, I got her with one bid.

I want to pull my gooseneck trailer with this.  Anyone have a gooseneck set up on a 4700,  looking for options and opinions. thanks

57929255328__BC074580-E25A-402C-899B-BA8C5187FD67.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

• Like 1

Nice truck. If you pull your gooseneck with a different truck make sure the hitch is set at the same height so you don't have to crank it up and down to fit the hitch. I pulled mine with an f-250 and a 1600 Loadstar and had to drop the hitch on the Loadstar a few inches. You won't have to mess with raising or lowering the hitch on the trailer either. Not sure how to go between air brakes on the truck and the electric brakes on the trailer. My Loadstar had vacuum over hydraulic so it was no problem.

Dennis

6 hours ago, jingles1928 said:

Nice truck. If you pull your gooseneck with a different truck make sure the hitch is set at the same height so you don't have to crank it up and down to fit the hitch. I pulled mine with an f-250 and a 1600 Loadstar and had to drop the hitch on the Loadstar a few inches. You won't have to mess with raising or lowering the hitch on the trailer either. Not sure how to go between air brakes on the truck and the electric brakes on the trailer. My Loadstar had vacuum over hydraulic so it was no problem.

Dennis

The DOT has already mounted a electric brake controller in it. They pulled trailers with pintle hitches and electric brakes. There are also two different styles of plugs on the back, neither of which fit my trailer but it shouldn't be bad putting the right one back there. might just have all 3 types.

The orange paint will grow on you. The company color for the readymix company I drove for was Orange. Hope the brine didn't start eating the frame of that truck.  It looks to be in good shape.  Be a nice trailer toter!

Drove similar one for section truck & plowing snow until I retired in '06. Ours were 6 speed Allisons with double overdrive...70+ MPH & No AC. Should be start of good base vehicle for you.

Had a 4700 double cab 12 ft flat bed set my ball hitch 12 behind axel center just to put little more weigh on rear.Made a great great puller for me