You talking the last 2 marks on the decal by the speed control lever? That's not that uncommon. As long as you have a good neutral in the middle between forward and reverse. If it will do around 8 mph in low range engine wide open and close to 18 mph engine wide open in high range it's working normal. 18.4x34s on it may be a mph slower than those I gave.

The left lever is connected to a rod that goes into transmission. It basically covers and uncovers orfices. These change pressure going to actuators. The two actuators move the swash plates. One swash plate on the pump. One swash plate on the motor. It's my understanding the two swash plates move together up to the blue line. Past the blue line, only one swash plate moves. Problems encountered are leaky actuators and cracked steel lines going to the actuators.. There is an access plate on the left side of transmission where you can change these parts.

call Herrs Hydro in Washington, Kansas. They are the experts on IH hydros.

using a picture of your Hydro 100 instead of that yellow wheeled thing may help you here.

• Like 2

your probably maxed out , then neutral is the most important I would check speeds with what the manual specifies in low range forward and reverse if that seems correct then High range should be similar

I did more research and it looks like the tractor hydro's do move both swash plates pump and motor unlike combines that only move one on the pump so there's possibilty one isn't moving to reach full speed

5 minutes ago, patricksjohndeeres said:

even in high gear when using the last to marks on the left lever I am only going 7 mph 

So your saying your top speed in high range is only 7 mph ? is reverse  speed  affected also

1 minute ago, patricksjohndeeres said:

yes top speed is 7 mph 

You need to start with simple checks like filter change oil Hydro oil level and then do pressure checks sounds like the pump is not getting enough oil flow or there's a pressure leak on the servo's 

18 minutes ago, patricksjohndeeres said:

I stand on the brakes when driving and does not make the trans slip at all . 

I would agree in an earlier post on calling Herr's Hydrostat service in Washington  Ks  they may be able to point you in the right direction

Are you talking about that the tractor does not speed up above the blue line on your quadrant? That’s when the servo should move the swashplate on the motor for increased speed/reduced torque output. 

7 minutes ago, patricksjohndeeres said:

does anyone have ph number for them ? 

785-325-2875

Is it going in to high range? When does it get to 7 mph on the lever in high? Should be way sooner than in low. Ours had a broken pin where the high/low lever bolts on. Would feel like its shifting but actually was just the pin catching where it broke

I had an 826 hydro do this, no acceleration above the blue line on the quadrant. It kept blowing the teflon seal off one of the orifice plates on the servo cylinders in the hydro. The pin that anchors them on the bottom was worn and letting it tip away from the swash plate. Also had a hydro 100 that kept blowing the seals at the bottom anchor pin and had to rebore the casting where the anchor pin goes into the housing and install a bushing. Kind of made me nervous boring that knowing if I messed up I'd need to replace the center hydro housing.  Another shop had a reamer and a tool made for doing that job that I borrowed. 

Hopefully it didn't starve the hydro of oil enough to hurt it 

• Like 1
On 5/20/2019 at 6:40 AM, patricksjohndeeres said:

just a update, the tractor has a loader on it and the hydraulic lever was in lock position  to supply oil to the loader controls, I put it into neutral and now have more oil going to the hydro, I now can get 13 mph out of it in high range , 

I don't know why it would change since the aux hydraulics run off a different pump than the hydrostat.