sandhiller

Gluing pennies to the floor

When I went to school it was high school on the second floor and K thru 8 on first floor. Some of the other kids would glue coins on the first floor and laugh at the younger kids trying to pick them up. 

Well me and the missus went to a wedding dance at the Peppermill in Valentine tonight. Found this next to the men's urinal.

IMG_20190518_191024094.thumb.jpg.7c0c0cc537916807a13fa88d7df325f9.jpg

IMG_20190518_191105404.thumb.jpg.caf52a9d20da5f295afe2c0b549a1ef4.jpg

For those of you that don't know me very well, yes I went for the bullet😄🤣😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

🤣-------haven't seen that joke in awhile!!

Reminded me of the Silver Dollar Cafe located along Hwy 65 (at Chicot Junction) between Lake Village and Eudora, Arkansas (back in the '60s).

They had silver dollars glued to the floor as part of their decor.  Pretty good stop-----farmer hangout back in those days.  It burned and never was rebuilt.

That's down in Ark-La 1086's stomping grounds.  Maybe he has a silver dollar souvineer from there???

DD

• Like 1

Question is how long did you try to pick up that round before you knew you were had?🤣

Rick

• Haha 2

Reminds about little Johnny, the older kids would pick on him daily and offer him a dime or a nickel, he'd always take the nickel went on from the early in the shcool year till round Easter the teacher took him aside and said "Those boys are making fun of you, you know that right?"

To which Johnny replied but if i get the dime, they will stop and I've made $20 bucks.

• Haha 6

People around here are to lazy to go after pennies so we used a quarter in the shop at work that was about ten years ago I need to do it again thanks for reminding me 🤔 😈😀 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 88power said:

People around here are to lazy to go after pennies so we used a quarter in the shop at work that was about ten years ago I need to do it again thanks for reminding me 🤔 😈😀 

Pretty sure that's why they went with the bullet, 99% of the guys out here just couldn't resist that. All the guys that I talked to about it fell for it last night too! I guess we'uns just ain't very bright😥😄😂🤣

• Haha 2

I was in a booth at national farm machinery show some guys put down a few quarters.  Watched a boy determined to get it, broke two blades on his knife.  That didn’t pan out for him

• Haha 1

I always pick up anything of value every since I read years ago that a rich man would always stoop for a penny but a poor man would pass it by.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Question is how long did you try to pick up that round before you knew you were had?🤣

Rick

I knew there was "something fishy here" but the guy in me just had to try. The instant I touched it I thought damn Robert (the owner), your good, hope I ain't on hidden camera😁😂🤣

use to shoot pool for 30 plus years, one tavern where we would go to had a quarter glued to the floor, well only going there once a year fell for it a couple of times, made sense machines took a lot of quarters back then,

• Like 1

Buddy of mine would throw nickels and pennies on the floor of a porta potty an sure enough they'd be gone at the end of the day.

• Haha 2

Here the trick is to helicopter coins into concrete floors so they're visible.

Working on constructing a bridge deck at break time.

Everyone drops their belts where they stand

One lingers behind the others

Drives 16d's through the grommet hole in webbing of said belts into the 3/4 plywood decking

Peeps come back from break and casually try to pick said belts up

Giggles, laughs, guffaws ensue

I've previously posted about epoxying coins and powder-actuated shooting a piece of banding an old wallet in concrete/asphalt for pedestrians to attempt to pick up so I won't repeat.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Here the trick is to helicopter coins into concrete floors so they're visible.

Please explain this method

Heard about a guy in a restroom stall who'd accidentally dropped a dime in the toilet.  Stood there pondering for a minute, then he threw in a quarter and said "not for a dime, but I'll reach in for 35 cents".

May or may not be true.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Ditto.  Inquiring minds want to know.....

23 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Heard about a guy in a restroom stall who'd accidentally dropped a dime in the toilet.  Stood there pondering for a minute, then he threw in a quarter and said "not for a dime, but I'll reach in for 35 cents".

May or may not be true.

It was a "nationality" joke back when they were popular😋

3 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

It was a "nationality" joke back when they were popular😋

True story -

Seen a guy go into the men's shatter and comes out sayin he tossed a dollar bill into the urinal.  Town drunk in and then comes out.  The guy then goes in and then comes out loudly announcing that the dollar is gone and the drunk took it.

Yea at the time I laughed w/ the rest but later when I considered what truly had transpired  I lost a lot of respect for the big talker and made me re-think my own first reactions to things like that.

It was a learning experience.

• Like 1

Ford dealership had a quarter glue in the doorway coming into the showroom. Friend I went to school with dang near fell on his face he stopped so quick to pick it up. Tried an tried to get it loose when salesman finally told him it’s glued fast 

• Haha 1

I used to coach a girls fast pitch softball team that played tourneys through out IN and so e in IL. We had a couple girls on the team that were somewhat mischeivious. If we played in a larger town that had a small nearby they would super glue quarters to the floor then stand back & laugh at the people who tried to pick the quarter up. It was amazing what some people would do try to pick up the quarter. I've seen people get down on their hands & knees trying to pry up a quarter.

Another time they talked a kid into letting them ride his bicycle. One wraps her head with a white bandage smeared with ketchup to look like blood. She gets on the handle bars and the two come riding up to the diamond just prior to the start of the game. One with the bandage on her head laces like she was hurt bad & the other claims that someone hit her over the head with a pop bottle. Everyone was worried about her and one mother went looking for a phone booth, this was before cell phones, to call for an ambulance. I was trying to figure out what to do as she was our 3rd baseman. About that time the head umpire called to start the game. Girl with bandage on her head whips it off, grabs her glove & runs out to 3rd base. I could have killed her on the spot if it hadn't been so funny.

Another time we playing in a park  that had port-a-pots. Between games the home plate umpire, who happened to be the state ASA commissioner.goes into the outhouse. These same 2 girls run up & start shaking it back & forth with the umpire in it. I thought for sure he would be poed and kick us out of the tourney but he came out laughing, even had toilet paper hanging out of the back of his pants. For several years when were playing in a tournament he was umpiring he would always bring it up & would want to know if those same 2 girls were still on the team.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I wasn't there the day the concrete  job was done, only saw the result.  The top of the coin ($A1 and $A 2 in that case) is level with the trowelled surface.

And just in case a "helicopter" is a rotary trowelling machine.around building here

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

I wasn't there the day the concrete  job was done, only saw the result.  The top of the coin ($A1 and $A 2 in that case) is level with the trowelled surface.

And just in case a "helicopter" is a rotary trowelling machine.around building here

We often put a new penny in new concrete to date the job 

IMG_20190520_070333254.jpg

• Like 2

Heck I pick up any money when I find it lying around even pennies. I’ve played a game for years, a year at a time. I use a jar for saving money for my game. Each year starting on New Year’s Day, I place any money I find in it. On New Year’s Eve, I count the money I’ve found during the year. I started doing this game in around 6th grade. I missed playing my game some years, including 4 years overseas, but for the most part have stuck to it. In 2018 last year for example, as I recall I found $52.XX. But that was a banner year lol, as I was lucky to find a couple of $20.00 bills during 2018, one in a grocery store parking lot and the other in one of the concourses at the Austin Airport. Upon reading this thread I went to check my money jar and so far this year I have found $27.14. Having another good year so far for just finding dropped money. Ha. I wish I knew how much money I’ve found over the years. Never thought to keep a log book lol. In all this time I’ve never come across any money that’s been glued down though. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:55 PM, dannyredfan said:

I was in a booth at national farm machinery show some guys put down a few quarters.  Watched a boy determined to get it, broke two blades on his knife.  That didn’t pan out for him

Those two quarters got me also.

I had never seen it done, I try and kick the quarter or slide it before I bend down to pick it up.