Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

My pentance for being a rotten kid

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mr. Plow said:

And the 22/45 frame models are slick too.....

LITE model is great to carry....

It's amazing how many models/styles there are now. Back when I bought mine you got a choice of two bbl lengths and heavy or standard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very true....some are lookers, some are passing fads. 

Had a 6-7/8" Govt bull barrel with a Volquartzen trigger in it......WOW!.....Would it shoot!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

And the 22/45 frame models are slick too.....

LITE model is great to carry....

I built mine about the time Ruger introduced theirs. Aluminum upper with chromoly (sp) barrel, a few internal changes, ground off factory plastic grips and drilled/tapped for actual 1911 grips. 4” barrel. 

Sorry sandhiller....I’m taking this off topic, I’ll stop now

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I built mine about the time Ruger introduced theirs. Aluminum upper with chromoly (sp) barrel, a few internal changes, ground off factory plastic grips and drilled/tapped for actual 1911 grips. 4” barrel. 

Sorry sandhiller....I’m taking this off topic, I’ll stop now

I think he likes guns too

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I built mine about the time Ruger introduced theirs. Aluminum upper with chromoly (sp) barrel, a few internal changes, ground off factory plastic grips and drilled/tapped for actual 1911 grips. 4” barrel. 

Sorry sandhiller....I’m taking this off topic, I’ll stop now

Guns is my life, always has been in my family. nobody wants to hear me whine about my knees anyhow😂   Guns is more fun😍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I think he likes guns too

I have figured this out. Lol

14 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Guns is my life, always has been in my family. nobody wants to hear me whine about my knees anyhow😂   Guns is more fun😍

I really do try and not do a total 180 from the original topic generally. Not that I thought you would care, but in general.  I’ll talk about fence posts, water crossings, or guns. I’ve shot all three

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sledgehammer said:

I have figured this out

I really do try and not do a total 180 from the original topic generally. Not that I thought you would care, but in general.  I’ll talk about fence posts water crossings or guns. I’ve shot all three

Well there was my Ruger in one of the pics so you are straight down the middle of the lane on topic😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

Well there was my Ruger in one of the pics so you are straight down the middle of the lane on topic😄

Fair enough, please continue. Ha ha ha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a tradition of Gunday Sunday around here and also any holiday or get together after dinner. It is a run what you brung. (not during deer season though). We do take that week off of shooting for the fun of it. If we travel, Mother usually complains that the back seat of her pickup is so full of gun cases, there's no room for the tater salad😂🤣😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Guns is my life, always has been in my family. nobody wants to hear me whine about my knees anyhow😂   Guns is more fun😍

...sandhiller, old chap....may I respectfully remind you ....that you are a heck of a lot closer to the "new replacement knee  " factory, in Indiana...that I am ....:rolleyes:

...well.....having given you that bit of homespun  advice.....I will go and mount the exercycle....as I am now back in the H210 on a almost daily  basis....got to bend that new joint:mellow:

Mike

...have a specific  "class "  firearms license....and own several Rugers...all "revolvers" though...really like them...as you blokes obviously do

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mike_newman said:

...sandhiller, old chap....may I respectfully remind you ....that you are a heck of a lot closer to the "new replacement knee  " factory, in Indiana...that I am ....:rolleyes:

...well.....having given you that bit of homespun  advice.....I will go and mount the exercycle....as I am now back in the H210 on a almost daily  basis....got to bend that new joint:mellow:

Mike

...have a specific  "class "  firearms license....and own several Rugers...all "revolvers" though...really like them...as you blokes obviously do

I'll have to give 'em a call. See if they have any that are spring loaded😋. It would be nice to be able to jump again, up or down😪.

In addition, the missus has a P94 in 9mm and I have a Super Blackhawk and a Redhawk, both in .44mag plus the 10/22's. Been good to us! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk of rattle snakes got the missus wondering what I was gonna do about it. (never worried before). So this was her Mother's Day present this year. 

1551569491_TaurusJudgePublicDefender.jpg.a622b4f92b64c25ed111e4dc358bd9d1.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always fun when you can't get to the fence with a motor the work adds up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

All this talk of rattle snakes got the missus wondering what I was gonna do about it. (never worried before). So this was her Mother's Day present this year. 

1551569491_TaurusJudgePublicDefender.jpg.a622b4f92b64c25ed111e4dc358bd9d1.jpg

 

 

And what did she think of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great pictures, very nice place you live Sandhiller.  I have a MKII in the safe it likes Blazer, it has not been out shooting in several years.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 6:20 PM, bitty said:

Uggh, I hate snakes

That makes 2 of us!!! 😳🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 6:11 PM, sandhiller said:

Rattle 🐍 snakes 

Maybe I won’t come visit Nebraska in the summer months!! I’ll stay up north were the only thing biting us is mosquitoes!!! I hate snakes, would probably $**t my pants and pass out if I encountered a rattler!!!😳

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never found a snake that a .22mag birdshot wouldn’t take care of.  I don’t have  rattlers around either. That .410 should be a real snake charmer 😊

Has anyone got experience between the Taurus and the S&W versions of the 45/410 pistols?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

And what did she think of it?

We went out and shot a couple of cans so she could get used to it and then we had a very um rewarding evening😍💥🥂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys the thing of it is with poison snakes is you get used to the idea of them being around and you take a little extra caution. Like wearing high top leather boots, looking where you are stepping and sticking your hands. There were snakes you had to watch out for in KS, TX, LA and KY. Never stopped me from hunting or fishing. And we seldom had an issue with a guy getting snake bite during field training. Saw lots of snakes too. You just get used to the idea and carry on like normal. Seen rattlers, copper heads and moccasins plus one coral snake in the wild. Most I think I saw was at Ft Knox but as an instructor we had students in the field 180 days a year so a lot more chance to see em.

Had a lot of copper heads around at Ft Knox. Our family quarters were close to the edge of the woods. One day my wife was weeding her flowers she had planted and she screamed. One of those blood screams of terror! I came tearing outside convinced that she had been bitten by one. I get outside and she is visibly shaken and she says "there was a worm"....."It jumped at me"! Man I spent hours looking for that darned jumping worm. Figured is I could find it I could breed jumping worms and make a killing selling jumping worms to guys wanting to fish.......😈 Wife still gets mad at me when I tell that story on her. Everything is true up the the part about me searching for that worm.

Loved the pictures. I carry a Ruger 22/45 bull barrel in a should rig around the farm. Great little gopher getter! Wife has MarkIII slim barrel model.

Rick

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I’ve never found a snake that a .22mag birdshot wouldn’t take care of.  I don’t have  rattlers around either. That .410 should be a real snake charmer 😊

Has anyone got experience between the Taurus and the S&W versions of the 45/410 pistols?

Have a Taurus Judge i bought used. Not a big gun guy and havent shot it a lot but it came with a few 410 home defense or some such shells. Shot one or 2 thru it. All i can tell ya is it has a pretty good kick and is VERY loud.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah the ruger pistols are great. I’ll have to be honest though I have a couple and my favorite is my high standard sharpshooter. And a close 3rd is my little browning buckmark. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a High Standard and a Ruger MkII.  I like them both.  Last Christmas I hit a 10" round steel 4 out of 10 rounds at 100 yards over iron sights with run of the mill ammo in the Ruger!  (My Godson who is a green beret sniper hit it 5 out of ten times, so that made me feel pretty good with my 57 year old eyes.)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...