Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

My pentance for being a rotten kid

Fourth canyon, second water gap since this morning.

IMG_20190514_135339486_HDR.thumb.jpg.826345a71081716937271c7e2454dc6a.jpg

IMG_20190514_135339486_HDR.thumb.jpg.826345a71081716937271c7e2454dc6a.jpg

At least the water is good and plentiful

IMG_20190514_140312719.thumb.jpg.1743708b628b1e282eb3e5239b71e1c5.jpg

Made it out the last one. My 60 year old knees said this is bullshoot. I promised them after we walk the mile back to get the Ranger we would drive fence the rest of the day. They seemed ok with that. What we're really going to do is drag 3 posts clear back to the bottom and put them in.😠😠😠

IMG_20190514_144815024_HDR.thumb.jpg.f6c7d53f3d621842d87cae2b33274c72.jpg

Here is my lite (walking) fencing rig.

IMG_20190514_145300049.thumb.jpg.f4381de55921b22ee746f861c4be8f4c.jpg

End of novel. At least it had pictures😂🤣😂

IMG_20190514_135405147_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

I always find it educational to see what people use for watergaps.

That a Ruger or a woodsman?

20 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

It ain't pretty but I'll take a pic when I go back down. Just made it to the ranger puff, puff😂

5 minutes ago, 88power said:

That a Ruger or a woodsman?

Ruger, been with me longer than my wife😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

It ain't pretty but I'll take a pic when I go back down. Just made it to the ranger puff, puff😂

Ruger, been with me longer than my wife😁

A Ruger is like a good dog they will stay with you through thick n thin bad and worse.

• Like 2

The Ruger for snake issues? 

27 minutes ago, bitty said:

The Ruger for snake issues? 

Rattle 🐍 snakes and porkypines. Actually porcupines do a lot of damage to the pine trees here as well as a major nuisance to curious animals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lightninboy said:

Picture probably sucks, hard to tell on this phone, getting dark on the bottom don't really need it anyway. I run the 3 4 or 5 wires on across the creek. Keeps the fence tight without having to build corners to tie off to. It is too high for the creek but is a good place to tie the 16' wire cattle panels to. Heavy rains about every 5 or 6 years washes them all out anyway and the are easy to rebuild. Also my cows are always fighting the gap to drink upstream. The panels keep them out better than anything I have found.

IMG_20190514_160626864_HDR.thumb.jpg.b9c825d6477a53e9b6a9e12c48cd6774.jpg

Well that's it, hired man says it's time to go home. I know when he talks like that, I ain't getting anymore work out of him. Gonna build an Epsom salt packs for my knees and find a can or two of something cold for my innards, pet the dogs and watch the sun go down. Pretty good life. I'd do it for nothing, ****, there's years I did😂🍻

• Like 3

Uggh, I hate snakes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bitty said:

Uggh, I hate snakes

Bull snakes are good mousers around the out building, hard time finding anything good about a rattle snake

Nice pictures.  There isnt that much elevation change in my whole county I don’t think....

A blued 6 7/8” heavy target barrel MKII?

• Like 1

What are the panels made of? We just had a select board meeting tonight, I’m chair 🙄🔫.  we have bears in the dumpster, I’ve been toying with the idea of page wire electrified. Those look cool. Tell me more please. 

Also I like the ruger, I hold no grudges against snakes but I don’t have rattle snakes, if I did, I’d probably shoot them too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Nice pictures.  There is t that much elevation change in my whole county I don’t think....

A blued 6 7/8” heavy target barrel MKII?  

Thank you, (although it looks like i posted the same pic 3 times, on my phone without my stupid seeing eye glasses)😪 I would be more than happy to send you some vertical😂. Right except for the heavy target bbl.

1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

Thank you, (although it looks like i posted the same pic 3 times, on my phone without my stupid seeing eye glasses)😪 I would be more than happy to send you some vertical😂. Right except for the heavy target bbl.

I figured I would be close. I have a 4” bull barrel and a 6 7/8” slab side. The 4” gun has killed more things than the plague. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

What are the panels made of? We just had a select board meeting tonight, I’m chair 🙄🔫.  we have bears in the dumpster, I’ve been toying with the idea of page wire electrified. Those look cool. Tell me more please. 

Also I like the ruger, I hold no grudges against snakes but I don’t have rattle snakes, if I did, I’d probably shoot them too. 

They are galvanized wire 4 or 6 gauge??? I would be guessing. Seem like they are maybe 3/16" thick. Farm store should have them listed as "wire cattle panel". They are pretty tough. 

We like snakes here too. Just not rattle snakes. Lost one cow to a bite. Another lived but was always breaking out where it was bit, ugly

2 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

They are galvanized wire 4 or 6 gauge??? I would be guessing. Seem like they are maybe 3/16" thick. Farm store should have them listed as "wire cattle panel". They are pretty tough. 

We like snakes here too. Just not rattle snakes. Lost one cow to a bite. Another lived but was always breaking out where it was bit, ugly

Whadaya do for a rattle snake bite? Epinephrine? Do you carry a bite kit?

3 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Whadaya do for a rattle snake bite? Epinephrine? Do you carry a bite kit?

No, never have, I wear tall boots and am very wary when in tall grass or fallen logs, anything where you can't see the ground. I guess I've been lucky. They are all over here though, found a real big one in my tack room that scared the begezzits out of me. They will usually rattle before you get close enough for them to strike. It's a sound you don't forget. When you hear the rattle you freeze until you locate him then you can back away slowly or go ahead and kill him. The dogs seem to recognize the "rattle" and will bark but not get too close. Usually see them around the place when they are moving out in the spring or heading back to their den in the fall. Then they will go right through our back yard, shortest distance. Fun fact, bull snakes around here have learned hiss that mimics a rattle snakes rattle. 

I did find mother a new cactus for her cactus garden. I was walking to the Ranger and had to lay my hat down by it so I could find it again. Lucky I didn't lose the hat and all😂

204023581_514197.jpg.b676cb7685763e91abdc3093f1bb49fb.jpg

And one more pic I didn't get posted from the phone. Kinda hard to tell distances in these pics but they are a bear to go up and down

549215807_514191.jpg.a2e77556d6a3566c14e1d86b82aa9fae.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea, I've spent way more than that on way worse things😄.

Mine will eat anything if I keep if fairly clean and living in the Ranger it does not get treated as well as it should. It has never been picky though.  I picked up 10K rounds of Thunderbolt last summer on a Distributor special and have had no issues.  If the boys don't get to it, it will probably last me the rest of my life. 😋

Hard to beat a Ruger.....I've had my share of MKII, MKIII.......all great shooters!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

Hard to beat a Ruger.....I've had my share of MKII, MKIII.......all great shooters!

Accurate, seem to thrive on abuse. You pull the trigger, they go bang, somethin' dies. It is a pistol I think everyone ought to have one or five😁

• Like 2

...or ten.....

• Haha 1

All the ones I’ve owned or been around liked ammo, any ammo. The more you shoot them, the better they run if kept clean. The “energizer bunny” of .22 autos for sure.

I just have a couple Mk2’s and 1 MK3 22/45 that has been customized quite a bit. I think it weights about 22/23oz 

• Like 1

And the 22/45 frame models are slick too.....

LITE model is great to carry....

• Like 1