88power

Sentry box and test harness on 88's

IMG_20190512_103229.thumb.jpg.f8f32f5eb7649ac0fe7b410ff43c5783.jpgHere's a picture of the two side by side, sentry on the left and test harness on the right in case anybody was wondering what to look for

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

whatever happened to the guy that was going to make a sentry box that idea must have died off

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, 89vmax said:

whatever happened to the guy that was going to make a sentry box that idea must have died off

He was making progress on it, wasn't that long ago, (a few months maybe). Like you, I'm hoping he gets it figured out, and I don't even have an 88 series....yet!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last time he posted it was working; had a video showing the necessary delay during the shift. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 89vmax said:

He made it didn’t cost much very simple I guess if you under stand them

39 minutes ago, Thesd5488 said:

He made it didn’t cost much very simple I guess if you under stand them

and I think he wasn't going to produce them for sale because he doesn't want potential  liability problems

it was posted in oct of 2017. He did say he would help anyone who wanted to build one. With CASEIH wanting nearly $3000 for a sentry it might be a good option.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:32 PM, 234-IA said:

and I think he wasn't going to produce them for sale because he doesn't want potential  liability problems

What i recall too.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:32 PM, 234-IA said:

and I think he wasn't going to produce them for sale because he doesn't want potential  liability 

They sell insurance for people who build and sell things to protect you from liability.

I think he would tell you how to do it.  He says he would.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:40 AM, 89vmax said:

5 hours ago, J-Mech said:

They sell insurance for people who build and sell things to protect you from liability.

Yes, but the insurance isn't free, or inexpensive. For production to be worthwhile, it has to cover costs, pay for the insurance, and leave you something to show for it at the end. Nobody wants to work for nothing.

It's amazing how many of those "I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat" commitments dry up the moment you have something to sell.

5 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Yes, but the insurance isn't free, or inexpensive. For production to be worthwhile, it has to cover costs, pay for the insurance, and leave you something to show for it at the end. Nobody wants to work for nothing.

It's amazing how many of those "I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat" commitments dry up the moment you have something to sell.

Especially when you price it to cover the cost of future service and insurance.  I've had several ideas that I realized I could never sell for what it would cost to cover the above--so no go.   Its my opinion that a LARGE part of cost of practically anything here in the US (esp medical!) is insurance.   I absolutely HATE those billboards...."Got a scratch, call me to sue them! "   I personally don't believe you should be able to sue unless there is true deliberate "intent to harm" or knowledge of such.   And lawyers who encourage sueing over "accidents" should be fined HEAVILY.  Don't get me wrong, we need accountability and insurance and lawyers,  but the system is being abused.  There is no longer a concept of "honest mistake".  (sorry, soapbox) 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

You'd be surprised.  Liability insurance is pretty cheap.  I've had several policies over the years up to $2m in liability.  It wasn't much considering the coverage.  Most people are just too scared to actually put good ideas into practice.  Honestly,  if I had built one of those harnesses, I'd build them to sell and not worry about liability.  The chance that someone sued you over it are slim, and it would be very difficult to build a case against you.  If you work on equipment for hire, you take the same chance all the time.  Unless you deliberately do something wrong or negligent, you are fine.  I think how many brake jobs I've done over the years..... if any of them failed, I could have been sued.  Never happened.  I'd take the chance to make some cash selling them.  But.... I didn't build it. 

• Like 1