Sign in to follow this  
acem

bleeding the master cylinder on 74 loadstar 1600

I am still working on the brakes on my 74 loadstar 1600. They are working but I still have some air or something because I have to pump the pedal. I want to bleed the master cylinder and then everything else. If they are still spongy I will test the master cylinder

THis master cylinder has a fitting above the brake line. It looks like a pipe plug. Can I use this fitting to bleed the master cylinde? If not I can bleed it the std was, I was just hoping to avoid removing the brake line.

Thx-Ace

tmp_10873-20190509_185245-2110008293.jpg

You can use the little plug to bleed the cylinder, just be sure it doesn't leak when you are done. Truck should have a Hydrovac unit on the frame rail. They can be a challenge to bleed.

I got distracted with my flood situation and have dropped everything. I need to try it soon because I am driving it occasionally and need the brakes to work better. Thx-Ace

Pumping the pedal is usually a sign that the shoes need adjusting.

As it turns out the shoes are worn enough I can't adjust the brakes  properly...

Good  call.

TThx-Ace