John Deere 7200 Planter Problem

Wrong color I know but I am looking for assistance on my 7200 12 row planter. The outside rows are running perfectly level on the parallel arms and the inside rows (6 & 7) are not getting the same amount of downforce because the frame is humped in the center. I have taken the stops off of the master cylinder and rehashed the hydraulic system multiple times with no difference made. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks! 

IMG_4476.JPG

IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4478.JPG

My 7000 8 row would constantly work to one side, and you would have to resync.  The problem was a internal leak in the master cylinder.   Now, that a rigid, not folding--but wondering if the same issue might be causing your problem?   Just looks like the center section is getting too much oil.  With the stops of the cylinder, when you raise it all the way up, do the wings come fully up so that the whole frame is sitting high and level--or do they still droop?  Does holding the up lever make any difference?   Sorry, wish I could help more.

This is a flex model with the hinge point in the center. When raising all the way up the frame is level. When you let it down though the center part of the frame doesn't seem to come down far enough and it stops. The end of the frame continues down to where they should be running.

With it lowered can you crack the fitting on the inner lift cylinders and get the planter to lower further by letting some oil out?  

Also I think there is a limit switch that shuts the oil off to the cylinder once it senses that it's lowered, that is a paddle looking deal either on the front or back of the master cylinder.

• 1 year later...

I still have the planter. Last year I rebuilt one of the marker cylinders because it was bypassing internally and it helped to get through the season. If you search online you can find where some people have "deleted" the master cylinder and gone to a flow divider. It seems like it is a common issue with these front fold 7200's.

I have also heard of guys removing the master cylinder, and just putting a stack of stops on each wheel cylinder so they sit right.

There surely has to be somebody around that has a silver bullet for the hydraulics on those planters as many of them as they're are around.