Let's see pics of your ih working this spring

6 hours ago, stronger800 said:

How much hp and weight does it take to run one of those? A lot, I imagine. I've never been around one but the onesie seen at a distance were all hooked to modern, massive, 200-250hp. 

In good dry hay and no huge hills 130hp bout as low I would go. Probably the reason why you see alot of the bigger tractors on is mainly stability and you sit alot higher and can see the top of the baler, not necessary for the horsepower. I had a 3688 on that baler one year and a 7220. Been putting the 340 on it the last couple years. So much nicer to run the baler with. Me and a friend used to own a Hesston 4755 around 10 years ago. I always put the 3688 on when I was using it and he put his 4450 2--wd on and we got along fine. My 3688 had 130 hp from non-authorized adjustment of the pump lol! One time I was baling hay with the Hesston going up a pretty steep hill and it was like I had a 5 bottom plow behind it. Had the traction, not the power.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

We have only 1066/1466's, and I've just assumed I could never weight one down or turn the pump far enough to run a big baler. Sounds like I could handle a smaller model maybe. Thanks 

Both of those are higher than 130hp....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stronger800 said:

We have only 1066/1466's, and I've just assumed I could never weight one down or turn the pump far enough to run a big baler. Sounds like I could handle a smaller model maybe. Thanks 

Guys I know with 3x3's run then on 4440's........just be careful on hills.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-Mech said:

Both of those are higher than 130hp....

Our 806 dynoed a fair amount higher than that,. 856 has a turbo too, so  I'm aware that yes they are. But around  here I've not seen a big baler behind anything that was not modern and massive, is what I was saying.  They aren't doing dry hay though.  

• Like 1

20190625_204124.thumb.jpg.5c53d8a5664a303adc2f6cc02e553240.jpg

Not exactly working yet... Got the haybine serviced and hooked up last night for the first time. Need to replace a hose and figure out how to adjust the clearence on the conditioner rolls before I do any serious cutting

• Like 6

12 hours ago, stronger800 said:

Our 806 dynoed a fair amount higher than that,. 856 has a turbo too, so  I'm aware that yes they are. But around  here I've not seen a big baler behind anything that was not modern and massive, is what I was saying.  They aren't doing dry hay though.  

I have used our 966 on the case ih 8570 , but was careful when turning down hill on the sidehills, we normally use the 1486 or the 5488.

20180730_172304.jpg

• Like 7

Got 1st cutting baled dry today. The ole cow defecated 173 bales out her butt. It's always a good thing when any baler works in 90° weather! Averaged 3.46 bales alfalfa to the acre at 70lbs pressure, 7.5' long. Down from normal but I ain't complaining. Some fared far worse.

KIMG0263.jpg

• Like 3

We ran our 4x4x8 on a MFD Magnum with duals. Still have to be careful with the hills as I have been pushed some anyways

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

Good day right there. Since I have no idea, what does a solid dry bale like that weigh? 

Does dry hay require use of the preservative when it's packed like that? I've heard some say they use it here. 

Dry hay figure 100# to the foot.

Straw, 7.5' in my baler I just figure 450# bale. That's what they averaged when I sold them this past February/March. Guy who hauled my straw for the buyer, has a baler he said he gets 500# out of his but makes them 8' long.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clark Riley said:

Dads 86 collection, Not out working, but seeing J-Mech restoration of their 45 has made me jealous and looking for an extra cab to work on and leap frog on the 47 45 43.

43 45 & 4786  001a.jpg

43 45 & 4786  002.jpg

Always liked the looks of them. Thanks for sharing. Nice looking units

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clark Riley said:

Dads 86 collection, Not out working, but seeing J-Mech restoration of their 45 has made me jealous and looking for an extra cab to work on and leap frog on the 47 45 43.

43 45 & 4786  001a.jpg

43 45 & 4786  002.jpg

Cool!  What rubber is on the 4786?  I like the looks of it.  Both the big ones are repowers I see. Cummins 855's in both? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J-Mech said:

Cool!  What rubber is on the 4786?  I like the looks of it.  Both the big ones are repowers I see. Cummins 855's in both? 

J-Mech

45 and 47 got 855 big cam transplants, dad did the 47 previous owner for the 45.  47 has 24.5 by 32.

All need some TLC for the Cabs.

so once i find a donor i am going to start redoing a cab, might have a lot of question for you.  Your rebuild looks awesome. Hope ours looks close when i am done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clark Riley said:

J-Mech

45 and 47 got 855 big cam transplants, dad did the 47 previous owner for the 45.  47 has 24.5 by 32.

All need some TLC for the Cabs.

so once i find a donor i am going to start redoing a cab, might have a lot of question for you.  Your rebuild looks awesome. Hope ours looks close when i am done.

Thanks!  Just holler with any questions.  I'll help if I can!