Sign in to follow this  
red tractor fever

Trucks, Tractors, & Etc

Thanks for the great pictures.

That kwhopper cabover has me droolin! I do like the look of the mack superliners too. They actually fit bigger guys like me much better than the r models,dm's and so on.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Nice pictures!  

Is that an AC 190 XT NF with D21 fenders?  My uncle has a 190 XT that has been doing work around the farm for decades. Lots of nice looking big rigs also. Always liked the looks of those Mack SuperLiners.  

Doctor Evil nailed it. Fenders are correct for a 190, (consulted my Orange bible). D-21 fender dust shields are quite a bit wider.

Them 1566s get me excited

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 9:20 PM, red tractor fever said:

We made it out to Earlville, Iowa to the truck and tractor show. It was a great show. Just shy of 40 tractors. Took pictures of most of them. And I'm guessing around 150 trucks. Took pictures of most of the older stuff. Only one Transtar 4200 in the bunch. And if you remember from a previous post I said we were going as spectators this year. Next year we will be participating, no doubt about that. Hope you enjoy the show. One thing I will mention, the yellow W6 with the loader is a diesel. And the last pictures are of my new t-shirts. 

20190504_110948.jpg

20190504_111051.jpg

20190504_111108.jpg

20190504_111123.jpg

20190504_111210.jpg

20190504_111312.jpg

20190504_111401.jpg

20190504_111519.jpg

20190504_111538.jpg

20190504_111607.jpg

20190504_111652.jpg

20190504_111729.jpg

20190504_111800.jpg

20190504_111829.jpg

20190504_111857.jpg

20190504_111933.jpg

20190504_111951.jpg

I like the pink tractors they are my style cool and pretty pink even though hubby wouldn’t allow me to park it st farm beside the red one haha but I do like red ones though to I. I would love to have a pink one someday

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Wow,  some great pic's!  I think the NFE 190 XT has stock fenders, Allis's  version of flat top fenders.

Truck that caught my eye was the IH R-series livestock straight truck. Amazing the cab and livestock rack in such good shape.  I got to ride Shotgun in a brand new fresh off the dealer lot 1964 C-60 Chevy cab/chassis summer of '64 from Sycamore, Ill to Osco, Ill. No box on it, Dad and my Sister following us said the rear wheels frequently bounced a foot or more off the ground. Truck was ready for a 20 foot livestock body, 327 truck engine, 5+2, would run 60-65 easy.  Somewhere I have a picture of that truck with a brand new livestock rack just like that old R-series Binder has parked in our barnyard. Owner of the truck wanted Dad to weld on a hitch to pull a loading chute.  I forget the name of the company that made those livestock bodies.  They were located somewhere in eastern Iowa.  After that first one seemed like every livestock trucking company around got one.

As I got older, Dad made a comment about hauling one or two fat cattle for butchering, how much they caused a straight truck to pitch and roll around unless gated really tight.  But Dad hated to borrow a semi-tractor & trailer to haul just one or two cattle.

Easy to tell the newer Ford dump truck was a one-owner truck.

Hard to say where I would have spent the most time, looking at trucks or tractors.  Lot of ATHS member trucks there,  some of those guys do incredible work restoring their trucks.

Thanks for all the pictures Red Tractor Fever.

I remember my uncle bought a used 69 C50 cab and chassis. It was a similar ride as you stated. Without a box it was pretty rough. He bought it in Rembrandt, Iowa and the box and hoist were gonna be switched from the wrecked 63 to the 69 in Clarksville, Iowa. Saying hwy 3 was rough would be a understatement. I remember seeing where the box was built just don't remember. 

I wouldn't mind seeing the picture of that 64 of you find it. My grandfather bought a 61 Viking new. So I know the body style. Cabs were a bit different. Cool old trucks regardless. 

I thought the same thing on the Ford. Lots of love went into that as well as the rest of the restorations. 

Glad you all enjoyed the pictures. My next event is May 21 at the vets home. A perfect event to wear my new POW-MIA shirt.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

Doctor Evil nailed it. Fenders are correct for a 190, (consulted my Orange bible). D-21 fender dust shields are quite a bit wider.

I’m thinking the different series of 190’s must have had different fenders. All I’ve ever seen were square more like an IH. This is the only pic I have of my Uncle’s 190. It’s a series 3 I believe and nothing like the one pictured earlier.  Doesn’t really matter, that one in the OP is a sharp looking machine for sure.  I like the looks of that style fender on those machines.  IMG_0169_zpsfq1jzsxh.jpg

1 hour ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Them 1566s get me excited

X2!😎

• Like 1

That LP D-14 looks tall, is it the picture angle or is there something unusual about it?

i like the general too!

47 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I’m thinking the different series of 190’s must have had different fenders. All I’ve ever seen were square more like an IH. This is the only pic I have of my Uncle’s 190. It’s a series 3 I believe and nothing like the one pictured earlier.  Doesn’t really matter, that one in the OP is a sharp looking machine for sure.  I like the looks of that style fender on those machines.  IMG_0169_zpsfq1jzsxh.jpg

You're right, it was the early series that had the dust shield style fenders. Flat top style fenders may have started with the series three.

• Thanks 1

Didnt catch it till you guys said something but the D21 dad had from about 73 till 86 did have way wider fenders. The 2 diff 190s he had both were cab tractors so i dont know what open station 190s looked like.