My new to me IH 71 three wire baler arrived !

Thank You all ! 

Your support and encouragement along the way kept this project going through the rough spots.

Still not quite done , I owe you all a trip to the field !  Stay tuned !

Again , thank you all , IMHO we did it together, all part of the RED POWER FAMILY

Tony

• Like 7

7/28/21 

we took her to field for shake down session this morning 7:30 not much dew this am .

she started out great then hiccup on inside knotter took us a while to try to figure out then she finished strong !

we hope to put more hay through her here shortly with better pics .

check short video that BJ Kline posted for me . On next post !

Since I posted this first pic , Chris has sent many more that his wife Ashley took .

Also few more short  videos that I sent to BJ Kline for posting 

young Man in truck is Case Niederfrank my Dear friend and Nieghbor Eddies ‘s grandson and Chris and Ashley Niederfrank ‘s first ! We are hoping he will drive a tractor before he learns to ride a bike ! Lol

Fella in Cowboy hat talking to me in my carhartt coveralls is Eddie owner of hay and field , He is telling me not to screw up his hay field with this old IH baler . 
notice he had his Freeman baler and JD close by just in case he had to come to rescue ! Lol

Tony 

ADF0F638-0B8F-454C-B072-7D8895EAED3B.jpeg

DAA97E6A-B628-4DCA-96A4-4B0F6BF0238A.jpeg

92A58416-D793-41D7-9325-D8C61970EB5A.jpeg

3885F043-9CEB-4CE0-8211-59C729C46ECB.jpeg

CB3C9FC0-E6DE-489A-8F89-AE2630151C60.jpeg

9FB0C317-4295-46E6-8349-3D6AF864FFCB.jpeg

74053819-BDFF-49F9-A019-7EDF19AA2AF3.jpeg

F4659081-65BC-40D8-9A03-D364073722D2.jpeg

59287A16-2875-43D9-B7D1-C87F7286436F.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Here’s a video Tony send me of it in action!!

• Like 9

Tony, that must be a great feeling seeing it in action. Congrats on completing your project. That baler is just gorgeous! Doesn't seem to be pushing the MTA around much either, which is good.

BJ, many thanks for hosting & posting the video(s).

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Little Drone action provided by long time friend Tom Steffen. 

Sorry I can only load still shots on here. 

She had just missed inside tie so all six of us trying to figure it out . lol

Tony

DJI_0288.JPG

DJI_0289.JPG

• Like 8

Always liked watching a baler work. Something about nice hay going in the front and nice square bales coming out the back is just satisfying.  Or maybe I just enjoy all the motion and commotion? ? 

In any case it looks great Tony!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Always liked watching a baler work. Something about nice hay going in the front and nice square bales coming out the back is just satisfying

Me too. 

I always liked the sounds as well, and your videos captured them nicely..

Congrats Tony long haul worth the effort, how big and heavy are the bales?

4 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Congrats Tony long haul worth the effort, how big and heavy are the bales?

Hay was 13% moisture and I was running 400 lbs hydraulic pressure bales were 105-110 beautiful green color . 
tony 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

SO GREAT!!!  Make baling Great Again!!

Where does he sell 3 ties anymore?

There still is a decent demand for three ties .

He wishes he had more fields , He has three or four and stacks are gone shortly after road side 

Tony 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tonyinca said:

There still is a decent demand for three ties .

He wishes he had more fields , He has three or four and stacks are gone shortly after road side . However, He is Anal about cutting schedules and Quality going up ! Saw his men going through forking out any  grass in windrows to the burn pile .

when you buy a truckload of his hay every slice is going to be perfect .

Tony 

• Like 1

Absolutely amazing.........good work!!!!

Nobody knows the commitment it takes to follow thru on something like this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolute masterpiece. I would like to do this to a 1PR picker but I don't think I have enough patience to see it through

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bitty said:

Absolute masterpiece. I would like to do this to a 1PR picker but I don't think I have enough patience to see it through

Sure you do ! Once you start it builds in you .

Allow yourself enough time and have a space to devote to it so parts do not get scattered .

Tony

• Like 1

Tony sent me a couple more videos  this afternoon. I combined both clips into one video.

• Like 4

What does he use to pick them up a bale wagon, self propelled or pull type?

I had said earlier when I was 15 I did 10,000 bales that summer touching 3 times, one guy made huge bales they were in the 80-100 lb range, he had one of those Ford pickups were the box and cab were one and would crack, that was a problem but the loads we put on it helped those cracks travel a little bit, should have drilled the ends thinking back now, might have slowed down progression 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hardtail said:

What does he use to pick them up a bale wagon, self propelled or pull type?

I had said earlier when I was 15 I did 10,000 bales that summer touching 3 times, one guy made huge bales they were in the 80-100 lb range, he had one of those Ford pickups were the box and cab were one and would crack, that was a problem but the loads we put on it helped those cracks travel a little bit, should have drilled the ends thinking back now, might have slowed down progression 

Self propelled New Holland bale wagon.

The reason we were laying them on side.

Tony

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 4:11 AM, busted knuckles said:

No wonder that everyone looked like they hadn't missed any meals, they don't have to load that. 😂

The short time the bale wagon takes to clear field we can have irrigation water back in. 

shooting for two irrigations in the 28 day cutting schedule, 103% degree average for month does not leave much time in cutting schedule.

Tony

• Like 2

Wow, that baler is so smooth and quiet in those videos!  That hay just vanishes in front of it,  and the ground is nice and clean after it passes.  Excellent work,  Tony!

Any Herb updates soon?

• Thanks 1