1456 seat options

After working on about 15 of the 1456 tractors the last 40 years my guess would be that the hydraulic seat is standard equipment and the mechanical is optional, I have a project 1456 tractor setting outback that has a hydraulic seat I wish I had some time to work on it. Steve

1 hour ago, Long Farms said:

Mechanical seat was standard, hyd seat was optional.  Only 1468 and 1568 had hyd seat as standard. 

That's good to know, most 1456 tractors around here have hydraulic seat, maybe corn and beans were more profitable in 1970 ,🙂    Steve

Must be a local preference.  In my area of "big farming IL"--I never even knew IH had a hydraulic seat until the 86 series.    Or maybe we had too many competing dealers so they had to cut frills to sell new tractors??

It was rare to see an optioned out 1456 around here. More common to see an 856 with options though. Typical 1456 in North East texas was open station, lucky if it even had fenders, Factory TA delete, 11L15 fronts, 18.4-38 rears,118" axles  std steering, mech seat, front mount hyd. Go out to TX panhandle and most were cabed, 10.00-16, 18.4x38 tilt steering, hyd seat, 118" axles mix of TA and TA delete. Theres more tilt steering and hyd seat in my shop than the rest of the county i bet. 

• Like 2