M with picker on I74 in IL???

Anybody on here haul an M and mounted picker down I74 in IL this afternoon?

Nice looking rig.....

• Haha 1

It almost has to be the one from the " someone save it" thread from a few days ago

I was headed the opposite direction and instantly thought.....RP Forum member!  Looked like a nice haul.....congratulations!

I bet that 234 is maxing out those M axles!

• Thanks 1

Awesome find 

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

I was headed the opposite direction and instantly thought.....RP Forum member!  Looked like a nice haul.....congratulations!

I bet that 234 is maxing out those M axles!

I see you are called Mr Plow. I take it you are the IH plow guy to go to?

My SMTA ran a 234 mounted picker for years also.  I could have gotten the picker, but I believe it had been shoved into the fence line with a loader tractor for years and years.

"Mr Plow" is a handle I picked up 15 years ago on the Cub Cadet forum.......for hosting the first garden tractor plow day and having quite a bit of knowledge on the Brinly plows and plowing with Garden Tractors......

Still host the "original" GT plow day in Central IL 

• Like 1

I always thought a 2M-HD would have been the heaviest picker on a tractor.  Local seed corn company ran three IH tractors and pickers before going to Uni-Harvesters with 3-row heads and hyd dump carts,  could dump right into trucks.  Think their last mounted pickers were two 2M-H and a 2M-HD.  Tractors varied from M to SM-TA to 460 with HD axles and 560.  They always had all IH farm equipment and Ford trucks.  I forget what year exactly it was, late 1970's or early 1980's one of the company's Uniharvesters caught fire and burned while sitting in a grass waterway about 100 feet from the road.  Sat there most of the winter.

The husking bed is way back behind the rear axle on a 234. Alot of stress on a m axle.

Edited by randy hall
Wrong wording
On 4/26/2019 at 9:29 AM, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I always thought a 2M-HD

I just can't remember much about any statistics/etc., I do recall, how'sum'ever, we had one on our F-20.

(Come to think of it now tho, that was a single row picker)

best, randy