IHKeith

Red Power on film

Here’s some pics of the ‘dealership’ they have created for a movie being filmed locally, sorry I couldn’t get better pics, there is a MFWD 5488 and a 2wd 5088, some Magnums and a 574

43E37127-92F2-4534-86B5-9492D804BE1B.jpeg

BBFDB84B-41C6-4C21-8950-A75EE9B0CEA4.jpeg

40E66AEC-3A08-4635-BF7C-4D0BF5E6F7C0.jpeg

A06CA22B-46D4-4FE3-B8FA-601DC2642CB1.jpeg

• Like 4

I wonder if this is something to do with the movie that is or did have some things filmed around here ? 

That's my kind of movie, at least the scenery is anyway. Know any more about it? What it is going to be about or when it will come out? I lived only a few miles from the farm where the final scene of the movie Twister was filmed. I remember being a little honked that they ruined a perfectly good farm place.

I can’t say for sure bitty, this movie is called “The Exchange”

It appears to be the highest budget film made around here, usually it’s Hallmark Christmas movies that are filmed in town, I was approached by the crew for some of my vehicles and possibly tractors I could source but declined because I felt it wasn’t worth my time, I’m glad I did, otherwise I wouldn’t have seen these red tractors, I know where the 5088 calls home but was unaware of such a 5488 being around 

From what I understand the movie is supposed to be about a French(from France) exchange student who comes to small town Ontario in the 80s.  They rounded up a nice collection of 70s and 80s vehicles for it, a few of my friends lent their cars, one friend rented his house for a couple days, they put a letter in his mailbox to approach him, explaining they were looking for a ‘retro’ 80s house, he chuckled when he told me about it, that it was a nice way of saying his house was a dump, the same friend put a shiny coat of tremclad on an 80s Chevy pickup owned by the crew, his McCormick B250 made it in the film too.  I was burned by a previous film for car rental, which is one of the reasons I wasn’t star struck, or moderately enthusiastic about being a part of it.

One of the writers of the film is from The Simpsons and the director is the one from Borat and The Dictator so I imagine it’s a silly movie.

They filmed some of one of those mushy Nicholas Sparks movies, The Longest Ride, in my neck of the woods.  I've never seen it but some of the rodeo shots were done at an arena near home, and the main character's apartment was created and filmed in the upstairs of a big packhouse (barn to non-tobacco growing people) close to my parents' place.  Several friends/former students were extras for the rodeo scenes.

Al

11 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Nothing to do with farming, how disappointing. 

But not surprising, on the bright side, they are a nice pair of 88s, I have been meaning to take pics of the tractors for a week, to share here, I remember every day when we cruise to the chip wagon and forget by quitting time, today at lunch I said to heck with it and held up traffic for a bit

I’m not a fan of movies being made around town, it’s going to happen anyway given my municipality’s kind approach to the ‘arts’, I don’t know all about what these crews pay for and what they get for free, but I question how realistic the rate is for there campsite rental on public property and such, in my opinion I feel they make more money in there few weeks in town, with less taxation from the town, than local small businesses make in months, I’m not a fan of the way my town is going but I’ll scratch the back of the local coffee roasters, who’s roasting fills the air of the scent of burnt cake, and a cup costs 7 bucks, but pays taxes on a well maintained 5 unit strip mall, before I burn up a Sunday with movie guys.

I don’t actually buy 7 dollar coffees but I service their vehicles fairly.

I drove a customer home the other day, his home is part of an about 15 year old development, he commented about how big the town has got since then, I agreed, but non judgemental like I commented how I picked vegetables on the land his house was built on as a kid with my gramps, those vegetables were sold roadside and at the farmers market, the market being a 5-10 minute walk from the field, the current lead vegetable farmer at the market comes from about 20 miles away, interesting about that farm my gramps grew veggies on, he rented it for years prior to the developers buying it and there was a few years it was in limbo after the first phase, he payed the rent for the rest of the farmland for regularly mowing a 2-3 acre lot, usually with a 782 cub cadet, there’s your Red Power. 

About 6 store fronts up the street from this fake dealer, hang a right, walk to the back alley of those stores, look left across the street, there was an IH dealer dealer there for many years, it’s a parking lot now.

”Progress”

Some of the movie "Witeness" was filmed on a farm near where I grew up. I will ask in the morning our mechanic if he knows what the name of the movie is. There was plenty of people from the movie eating at the restaurant his wife runs 

7 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Nothing to do with farming, how disappointing. 

Are you surprised?:unsure:

8 hours ago, IHKeith said:

From what I understand the movie is supposed to be about a French(from France) exchange student who comes to small town Ontario in the 80s.  They rounded up a nice collection of 70s and 80s vehicles for it, a few of my friends lent their cars, one friend rented his house for a couple days,

To bad they aren't totally period correct with the 2 Magnums, unless we're talking really late 80s and even then the what appears to be a 7200 series wouldn't have been out until 1994. Of course most the people watching the movie wouldn't know any better anyway.

8 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

To bad they aren't totally period correct with the 2 Magnums, unless we're talking really late 80s and even then the what appears to be a 7200 series wouldn't have been out until 1994. Of course most the people watching the movie wouldn't know any better anyway.

Agree with you but at least they are not green!  A lot of people today think that tractors are all green. Sad really. Look at the toy aisle at the local store. 

hope its not another twister movie lol

2 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Are you surprised?:unsure:

Not at all. And if it was they wouldn't get it right anyway.

2 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

Agree with you but at least they are not green!  A lot of people today think that tractors are all green. Sad really. Look at the toy aisle at the local store. 

That is for sure!