Pilot valve differences

redtop1460

Happy Easter everyone,  I've been rebuilding a International 1206 the tractor was partially parted out and destined for scrap. I just fired the engine after rebuild and now I'm working on the steering. Most everything was removed from the steering tower including the lines from pilot valve to hand pump. I've got everything put back together now, including hew hoses, rebuilt cylinder,  and cleaned and replaced some lines. The pilot valve was completely seized and rusted from sitting exposed to the elements. My question is I have a pilot valve off a farmall 706 that I know works. Could anyone tell me the difference between these two? They look like the same housing but the original one( I 1206) has a cap on top with an o ring, and the 706 one looks to have an adjustment screw with a jamb nut. There listed as two different part numbers , even different part numbers between the farmall and international 1206s? Fyi my tractor is a I1206, no T/A, no pto, and 1 remote. 

If I remember correctly, there was an early and a later style of that valve.  I think one was fixed and the other adjustable. Pretty sure they are interchangeable. 

Archived