RedPower5488

Gas in oil

I've had my gehl 3510 skid loader for years. It recently stared having a lot of engine problems, it all started when it started running poorly and smoking (like it was constantly flooding). My mechanic rebuilt the carburetor and it ran great, but it started making oil. I took it back to him and he replaced the mechanical fuel pump with an electronic one, still gas in oil. I'm suspecting it is running too rich, but It's putting A Lot of gas in the oil and I don't think that much gas could slip past the rings. Any ideas? This is a ford vsg-411 engine with a zenith carburetor.

Had 72 Datsun 210 pickup did that all the time in the winter. Never did figure that out.  Sorry not much help 

i rebuilt carb twice . Wasn’t it . 

Thanks for posting ,sorry no help 

With the stock pump gone, the only thing left is the carb, especially since it's running rich.

• Like 1

If your needle and seat is not sealing 100% that would cause your rich condition when running. 

when you shut it off that electric pump could be holding pressure between it and the carb letting it overfill the carb and dripping gas into your engine every time you shut it off. 

Is the fuel level in the tank higher than the carb? If so it can easily be siphoning gas into your engine if that needle and seat are leaking by. 

I bought a Chevy truck once they forgot to hook the main vacuum line up on the back of the carb and burnt there brand new crate engine up because it washed the cylinders out from so much gas in the oil

When the mechanic out the electronic fuel pump on did he plumb in a return line with a bypass valve. The electronic fuel pump might have more out put than the mechanical pump and it will be constant. The extra flow could be pushing past the needle if it has no where to go

In a search , I found that low pressure in cold weather can pull it out of carburetor of warm engine as it cools , Not sure where ? Also leakinking fuel pumps. 

I like the post , eager to here how you fix it .