Drewu223

D414 intake manifold

I'm sure I dont have anything to worry about, but I watched a video of a John Deere 4430 intake manifold blow up while making about 70psi of boost. I have a 966 with a DT414 (originally D414, then overhauled and built into a DT414) that will make about 40psi on a good day at the track. I'm pretty far from 70+psi but I was curious how much pressure the stock intake manifold can hold.

No problem with the manifold.  I run north of 70 PPSI of boost with no problem with stock manifold.   .  

3 hours ago, twood19541 said:

No problem with the manifold.  I run north of 70 PPSI of boost with no problem with stock manifold.   .  

Good to know.  I've only got a 10mm pump and S2e, but I'm sure I won't even have to worry about that even after an S300 and 13mm pump lol

I would recommend making a clamp for the rubber boot that bolts to the intake manifold.  For your information I am running a 3X4  turbo with p pump.  max boost is in low 100's

2 hours ago, twood19541 said:

I would recommend making a clamp for the rubber boot that bolts to the intake manifold.

X2.

I'd do it at the turbo too.  Scares the tar out of you when you blow the pipe off. 

I would recommend using a V clap on the turbo end.