806 MFWD

patricksjohndeeres

When you go back, can you get a clear picture of that hub? It looks like some sort of exposed planetary but I can't squint enough to discern the detail.

Also get a picture of the differential housing.

Definitely neither a Coleman nor an Elwood.

This is a Coleman, missing the half moon hubcap: This is an early Elwood:

image.png.f81081ee7d82e11b4aa2de9d7c8738c2.png

This is a later Elwood, but the hubs look the same on the earlier ones:

img.axd?id=4210006473&wid=&p=&ext=&w=0&h=0&t=&lp=&c=True&wt=False&sz=Max&rt=0&checksum=am9gen3Qd9pYV8dIe06NzzpDWkETnZ62

7 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

When you go back, can you get a clear picture of that hub? It looks like some sort of exposed planetary but I can't squint enough to discern the detail.

Also get a picture of the differential housing.

Definitely neither a Coleman nor an Elwood.

This is a Coleman, missing the half moon hubcap:

image.png.f81081ee7d82e11b4aa2de9d7c8738c2.png

This is a later Elwood, but the hubs look the same on the earlier ones:

img.axd?id=4210006473&wid=&p=&ext=&w=0&h=0&t=&lp=&c=True&wt=False&sz=Max&rt=0&checksum=am9gen3Qd9pYV8dIe06NzzpDWkETnZ62

The 1086 pictured here is one of the early "66" series axles sold by Elwood,  Was based on an FWD truck axle, had no planetary's These were actually a pretty good axle for their time and had diff lock of a sorts built in. However the transfer cases didn't stand the torque load when the spinning tires locked the diff up. goint to an axle with planetary's solved the problem for  them

ed

On 4/15/2019 at 1:33 PM, patricksjohndeeres said:

Does any one know if this front end is correct for a 806 IHC. its to far to go and look at this tractor myself. , thanks 

thumbnail_20190415_115908.jpg

I am sure the question you want to know is it a sought after standard system or row crop ? It appears to to be a standard wheatland style making it somewhat rare and very valuable to collectors

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, patricksjohndeeres said:

Does anyone know how many 806s there is with MFWD? or no records that.. I bought the tractor . thanks in advance 

Around 300 or so standards. Some were added from the factory some not. A real nice one sold about 15 years ago by velva Nd for 6000 US. It was on a truck to Wisconsin a day later. If you really want to know how many 806s were like that contact Swenson here in minot. He buys them all over the western part of state and into Montana ,plus Canada. Kresbach impl in minot Nd was actually pulling the front ends of those tractors or selling complete tractor for junk in the early to mid 70s they weren’t wanted or appreciated. There have been a few for sale every year here in ND so they are rare but not unseen. The part that is worth a million on yours is the mounting bolster so you can make any other standard model into factory fwd.

Oh Wow!  That is one nice looking Mean Machine!  W/o the cab and loader, looks so much better. Thanks for sharing.

20 minutes ago, farmall666 said:

DID THEY USE THE SAME COLEMAN AXLE FOR THE WHEATLANDS AS THE ROW CROPS ?

Yes the big thing with this tractor is the bolster. You can take it of this low dollar 806 put it on a standard 1206 1256 1456 all of a sudden you go from a 7000 tractor or the 11,000 Patrick wants for it to a 45,000 factory rare tractor

Archived