IH Loader Identification

Hello all!  I recently acquired a project tractor and I need help to identify the loader that’s attached to it as I need to rebuild one of the lift cylinders and need to order the correct rebuild kit.  My guess is an IH2000 but I defer to the wisdom of the members here.  Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!  Please let me know if additional pictures of different angles would be helpful.

E42730D5-4263-4008-9AE0-1B865258BC74.jpeg

9B2AE39D-C9A9-4418-9769-DEFD84B52D29.jpeg

FB7B625C-8C0D-4D0E-B6FB-80999A5D6F0E.jpeg

A 2000 would be my guess.

I would consult a hydraulic shop for hydraulic cylinder parts.  Much cheaper, and model number of the loader isn't necessary. 

Welcome!  Its a 2000 loader with a bit of modification at the lift arm ends.

I believe this is what you are looking for but you may want to call to make sure.

https://www.batescorp.com/471270r95-seal-kit-hydraulic-cylinder.html  or https://www.messicks.com/part/471270r95/seal-kit

Thank you for the info!  I’ll order it up today.  Just curious, how does one tell the difference between a 2000 and 2100  (or other IH model) loader?  Does anyone happen to have a link to any reading showing model comparison pictures?  If no, not a big deal - just curious to learn all I can.  I appreciate the feedback!

You may mean 2001. The 2001 has a single center bucket dump cylinder and the lift arms mount to the out side of the bucket ends. The 2000 is the more heavy duty, they are good strong loaders.  Google each model and you will find pictures.

1 minute ago, TomH said:

You may mean 2001. The 2001 has a single center bucket dump cylinder and the lift arms mount to the out side of the bucket ends. The 2000 is the more heavy duty, they are good strong loaders.  Google each model and you will find pictures.

Will do, thanks again!

17 minutes ago, 7and8and1456 said:

That is a model 3000 loader . The bucket pivot is difference between 2000 and 3000. Picture below .

Capture IH 3000.JPG

Capture IH 2000.JPG

From what I can see, the bucket pivot is angled more on the 3000 vs the 2000 - am I seeing that right?  I’ll take a better picture of this part tomorrow and post it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, 7and8and1456 said:

And here is the 2001 loader . It could be had with trip dump or one cylinder dump.

Capture IH 2001.JPG

Capture IH 2001   pic 2.JPG

That helps clarify- it doesn’t appear that I have the 2001 model based on the bucket pivot mount location shown above so I’m leaning towards the 3000 rather than the 2000.  I’ll post more pictures tomorrow to hopefully help to make the distinction more apparent.

• Thanks 1

"From what I can see, the bucket pivot is angled more on the 3000 vs the 2000 - am I seeing that right?  I’ll take a better picture of this part tomorrow and post it." 

To answer your question;    yes,  there is an pivot angle difference . Parts book diagrams below , more easily show the difference in how the pivot point is constructed. first is 2000 , second is 3000.

IH 2000 loader part scan 001.jpg

IH 3000 loader part scan 001.jpg

• Thanks 1

They numbered the 2000 after its lift capacity, at least that's what I understand.

2001 is a "cheaper" version of the 2000. Notice the arms out past the cross braces are flat plates instead of box tubes. Usually came with a narrow trip bucket.

3000 is the industrial version of the loader. Don't know if that means it has 3000lbs lift capacity, but if it does I don't know how. The frame, lift arms, and lift cylinders appear to be the same dimensions and design as the 2000, with the exception of the aforementioned bucket pivots... No visible means of "beefing up" yet 50% increase in capacity...

• Thanks 1

After looking at the loader today, I’ve confirmed that it most closely matches the 3000 model so I’ll go with that.  Thank you all for your feedback and insight - it was definitely very helpful!  Thankfully parts and service manuals are available for this model loader so I’ll be able to source the correct replacement parts.  Does anyone know of an adapter similar to this one for the IH3000 model?  https://www.farmequipment24-7.com/IH_Q_A_Adapter_p/adapter_ih2000.htm

Parts? Probably not. Most CaseIH parts guys are going to look at you like you have a third arm growing out of your forehead when you go in asking about parts for a "3000" loader. "Don't you mean a 2000?" will be the first words out of their mouths.

That said, there isn't much for "parts" and I doubt CaseIH stocks much of anything. Hoses are a generic item. Buckets are generic, especially if you get that skidsteer adapter. If you break the frame, you weld it back together. Pins and bushings come from a machine shop. Hydraulic cylinders, it's much less expensive to take them to a hydraulic shop, or get the parts there instead of going to a dealer.

As far as that skidsteer adapter goes, it should pin right on to your 3000 loader. Like I said earlier, the arms are the same except for the location of the lower bucket pivot, and all that did was change the dump geometry of the bucket somewhat. The arm spacing is the same, and the pin sizes should be the same.

• Like 1

Jkobs, I have my doubts about the specifics of the link to that quick attach.  The 1850 and 2200 loaders are considerably narrower than a 2000.  I have some data that indicates that the 3000 and the 2000 are different...but my source is not 100% accurate. 

PM me if you need more measurement details of a 2000 that you can compare to your 3000.  Here is photo of a quick attach for a IH 2000:

1965220620_QA-CA3IH2000.thumb.jpg.9e8d0b4ece268e441baea4b8862d7edc.jpg

1 hour ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Parts? Probably not. Most CaseIH parts guys are going to look at you like you have a third arm growing out of your forehead when you go in asking about parts for a "3000" loader. "Don't you mean a 2000?" will be the first words out of their mouths.

That said, there isn't much for "parts" and I doubt CaseIH stocks much of anything. Hoses are a generic item. Buckets are generic, especially if you get that skidsteer adapter. If you break the frame, you weld it back together. Pins and bushings come from a machine shop. Hydraulic cylinders, it's much less expensive to take them to a hydraulic shop, or get the parts there instead of going to a dealer.

As far as that skidsteer adapter goes, it should pin right on to your 3000 loader. Like I said earlier, the arms are the same except for the location of the lower bucket pivot, and all that did was change the dump geometry of the bucket somewhat. The arm spacing is the same, and the pin sizes should be the same.

Nailed it. 

EquipmentJunkie......    The site that Jkobs linked to showing the  adapter for IH loaders makes the following statement  regarding which loaders it fits.

ENERAL FEATURES:
  • This Adapter will Attach to IH 1850, 2000 & 2200 Front End Loaders with Pin-On Buckets.
    • To Ensure the Correct Adapter, Customer MUST Specify Which Loader Model the Adapter is for: 1850, 2000 or 2200!

Note that the customer MUST specify which loader it is for.  I think what the manufacturer is saying is that they have this style adapter for IH loaders , but because of width differences between loader arms from model to model , one unit does not fit all as they are model specific. Order the one for your particular loader . 

I see that the one in your photo is ATI brand. I had seen their website  months ago , but for some reason website  is not available to view now.

I agree that the adapter will fit right on the 3000, as the parts book shows buckets , manure fork and fork lift attachment for the 2000 and 3000 are the same part numbers.

7and8and1456, I agree that their statement says that, but I still have my doubts whether it will work correctly.  It is more than just a spacing issue in width.  The distance from top pin to bottom pin on the 1850 & 2200 is 1-3/4" closer together than those on a IH 2000.  Those differences will affect rollback and dump.

On 4/3/2019 at 8:15 AM, Matt Kirsch said:

They numbered the 2000 after its lift capacity, at least that's what I understand.

2001 is a "cheaper" version of the 2000. Notice the arms out past the cross braces are flat plates instead of box tubes. Usually came with a narrow trip bucket.

3000 is the industrial version of the loader. Don't know if that means it has 3000lbs lift capacity, but if it does I don't know how. The frame, lift arms, and lift cylinders appear to be the same dimensions and design as the 2000, with the exception of the aforementioned bucket pivots... No visible means of "beefing up" yet 50% increase in capacity...

I looked in the operators manual I have for my 2000 loader.

It says that the loader has 2330 lift and 4010 breakout capacity on any tractor with 1625psi hydraulic operating pressure (706-856).

And 1850 lift and 3250 breakout with a tractor with 1350psi operating pressure (504-460-560)

2 hours ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

7and8and1456, I agree that their statement says that, but I still have my doubts whether it will work correctly.  It is more than just a spacing issue in width.  The distance from top pin to bottom pin on the 1850 & 2200 is 1-3/4" closer together than those on a IH 2000.  Those differences will affect rollback and dump.

Good point. But being that they state to specify which loader it goes on, I would assume that if they build them with different widths,  that they are also built correctly for top pin - bottom pin spacing for the loader designed for. If Jkobs is interested in one he needs to call them and find out.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update - thanks to the input from you all, I was able to source a parts and service catalog for the loader and I just finished rebuilding the lift cylinder myself, saving about $300 over taking to a dealer to have them rebuild.  Thank you all for the great info!