Sign in to follow this  
ih886/1066

tell lite on

Starting last fall when my 886 warmed up lube tell lite would blink when shifting ta. As it got warmer lite would be dim if engine not revved up, but would come on bright when hitting the brake.

HD TA installed 12yrs ago but only about 750 hrs on it. Trans filter & oil always maintained. New mcv pump & springs last fall didn't fix. Probably need to get neighbor to put gauges on it but was looking for you guys input. TA shifts strong. Thanks for your ideas.

Get gauges on it. Could try another sending unit?? Does TA shift good?

Forgot to mention, I put new sending unit in first. It shifts so fast & tight you can't believe it.

Was the mc pump a new pump or a reman? The lube circuit is the last to get oil from the pump so the pump is bad or you have a leak if the pump was a reman I would say pump is bad.

Got pump from local known for quality parts. problem is symptoms are identical from old pump which also only has 750 hrs on it.

This tractor has the clutch dump valve doesn't it?  Make sure it's properly adjusted and not sticking.

Dean

The lube pressure should be 18 to 22 psi at the sender port. If it's not try capping the brake lube line, diff lock and hydraulic seat if it has them. Maybe the sump check is leaking. HyCapacity has a 13 GPM pump now but it still doesn't fix a leak. 

https://www.hy-capacity.com/index.php?page=Search&partid=337

I put some of these supercharge eliminators on 86 series. This changes the brake lube to be supplied by the hitch pump which keeps more oil available in the mcv circuit. 

http://www.agpartsltd.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=1046886

I checked dump valve . It,s adjusted right & not sticking. Another question  maybe it is brake related. Years ago yellow brake lite was on til it burnt out. Would shot brake lining possibly lead to low lube pressure? Will have to check that out. Thanx to all

Brake lining condition will have no connection to your lube pressure issues. 

I would get a gauge on it and verify what you actually have for pressure.