I have an old ih refrigerator that needs to go to someone else I just need more room it ran when I unplugged it a couple years ago would love to give it to someone hate to put it in the iron pile way to good for that

• Like 2

I've been looking for one to restore.

Unfortunately, Nebraska might be to far to justify shipping. I worked in refrigeration (industrial compressor) in product design so I want to find one and put a whole new refrigeration system in that is optimized for current refrigerants, repaint and rechrome everything. Been looking for a charming candidate.

There was one but it was in South East PA available reasonable price. I don't know if it is still on the porch. I probably would have gotten it but I have ten projects started as it is already.....

I would love to take it but it's just too far. I have a chest freezer made by IH that would be the perfect twin for it. Please post a picture of it if you can. Is there no way you could put it in the "man cave" or garage to keep your beer cold? When it's gone there will not be another one.

31 minutes ago, KWRB said:

Unfortunately, Nebraska might be to far to justify shipping. I worked in refrigeration (industrial compressor) in product design so I want to find one and put a whole new refrigeration system in that is optimized for current refrigerants, repaint and rechrome everything. Been looking for a charming candidate.

That is a cool idea. I imagine the modern innards draw considerably less power than the old ones.

41 minutes ago, KWRB said:

That sounds like a cool project - no pun intended.  Keep us posted when you get around to doing it.

7 hours ago, Steve C. said:

That sounds like a cool project - no pun intended.  Keep us posted when you get around to doing it.

I will! I just have to find a good unit to start with.

48 minutes ago, KWRB said:

I will! I just have to find a good unit to start with.

A non running unit would be a good candidate. Good luck that, most of them still run. 

I am currently using an IH Refrigerator and it works nice.

Of course the door gasket is going bad and one has to defrost it a couple times per year.

I would donate mine to anyone wanting to rebuild it.

Bring a cart and the football team. It is in the basement.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, b&c farms said:

I have an old ih refrigerator that needs to go to someone else I just need more room it ran when I unplugged it a couple years ago would love to give it to someone hate to put it in the iron pile way to good for that

If you were close by I would take it off your hands for shop storage.  I store all my filters and funnels in a old refrigerator to keep them dust free, what could be more appropriate than using an old IH reefer?

34 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

I am currently using an IH Refrigerator and it works nice.

Of course the door gasket is going bad and one has to defrost it a couple times per year.

I would donate mine to anyone wanting to rebuild it.

Bring a cart and the football team. It is in the basement.

In my rese4arch on restoring one, I found a couple of website that specialize in materials for restoring old appliances. You can buy gasket stock from them. Check it out.

I would be interested in purchasing the handle if its the one i'm looking for. would you consider shipping just the handle?

McMaster Carr also has the magnetic gasket material.