Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
farmall57

Arctic Cat is back, wish CaseIH could do this!

Recommended Posts

Got this off Arctic Cat's web site, interesting:

After a year and a half under the Textron Off Road name, the passion of the loyal Arctic Cat customer base spoke loud and clear. We listened, and transitioned our off-road vehicles back to Arctic Cat in 2019. As a proud member of the Textron family, we remain committed to continuing the traditions of power, performance and precision engineering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, farmall57 said:

Got this off Arctic Cat's web site, interesting:

After a year and a half under the Textron Off Road name, the passion of the loyal Arctic Cat customer base spoke loud and clear. We listened, and transitioned our off-road vehicles back to Arctic Cat in 2019. As a proud member of the Textron family, we remain committed to continuing the traditions of power, performance and precision engineering.

?????????? You want them to bring back Case and New Holland? Maybe Ford? 😈🤣😈

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s great that arctic is back 

and this is an IH SITE so we want just ih back!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they realized after the fact that they’d screwed up. No one recognized the name anymore. People saw a textron ATV in the back of a truck and thought it was a Chinese clone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poor farmer/logger said:

I think they realized after the fact that they’d screwed up. No one recognized the name anymore. People saw a textron ATV in the back of a truck and thought it was a Chinese clone.

That’s exactly what I thought 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They dropped the AC name off the quads last year?  Didn't even know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 5088 said:

They dropped the AC name off the quads last year?  Didn't even know.

Yup they kept the sled line up but all the off road products ya were branded under textron.  There was speculation that they wanted to sell off the sled line thats why they kept the name.  Still could happen but maybe not quite as likely. Arctic cat hasn’t been doing great financially so anything can happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Yup they kept the sled line up but all the off road products ya were branded under textron.  There was speculation that they wanted to sell off the sled line thats why they kept the name.  Still could happen but maybe not quite as likely. Arctic cat hasn’t been doing great financially so anything can happen. 

Yeah I knew AC sleds had been down a bit and the company was in some trouble but I didn't know Textron had renamed the wheelers.

Really with the price of new sleds these days it's amazing that the rest of the MFGs aren't struggling too.  I'd love to throw a Doo 850 in the garage but there's no way I'm spending that kind of money anymore.  A lot of cool tech but dang....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 5088 said:

Yeah I knew AC sleds had been down a bit and the company was in some trouble but I didn't know Textron had renamed the wheelers.

Really with the price of new sleds these days it's amazing that the rest of the MFGs aren't struggling too.  I'd love to throw a Doo 850 in the garage but there's no way I'm spending that kind of money anymore.  A lot of cool tech but dang....

I hear you. I’d like to get a new sidewinder to try but they’re on par or higher then a new dressed up 850 doo. Was a little let down with my viper this winter so we’ll see where I end up next fall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, poor farmer/logger said:

I hear you. I’d like to get a new sidewinder to try but they’re on par or higher then a new dressed up 850 doo. Was a little let down with my viper this winter so we’ll see where I end up next fall. 

Like to see a sidewinder sitting by your truck next winter Haha 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, krich said:

Like to see a sidewinder sitting by your truck next winter Haha 

Maybe someone can start a go fund me page for me to help out :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Maybe someone can start a go fund me page for me to help out :lol::lol:

Maybe enough people would feel sorry for you. I know I feel sorry for people looking at new cats and Yamahas 😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 5088 said:

They dropped the AC name off the quads last year?  Didn't even know.

X2. I never knew they weren't still Arctic Cat. I guess when I cant afford a new machine I dont look at the new stuff 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, db1486 said:

Maybe enough people would feel sorry for you. I know I feel sorry for people looking at new cats and Yamahas 😂😂

😂😂 You’re just sad that all you’d see is my snow dust if we were riding together 😂😂.  I don’t expect to see a sidewinder here in my truck box next fall but you never know. Brand new on in PA right now that’s sort of tempting. 13,800 I think plus tax though. Was a 15,000 sled when I test drove it a year ago. Same sled actually I think lol.  I can’t see my self spending more then 10 k on a new/newer one. Mines still worth 6,000 so that means I need a extra 4,000 of income this year. We all know how that goes in farming lol. 

If all else fails and I loose my mind a little you might see me on a 1200 doo or if I can test drive a 900 ace turbo and like it maybe that way too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After I left Case IH in 1997 I bought an Arctic Cat dealership here in SE Minnisota and had it for 10 years before selling it to a young couple . Textron was one of our finace  company's we used through Arctic Cat , I have been out of the business for 12 years now and have lost track of what's been happening at AC . I was just told a couple weeks ago they walked all the guys out that worked there from engineering including Roger Skime /former owner /farmer absolutely a great man !! 

My experiance with money store  buying a company like Arctic Cat don't have the drive and passion for snowmobiling and ATV's that those guys have that have done this there entire life . When I heard they bought Arctic Cat I thought , oh boy and when they changed to the name to Textron Off Road 😳 Holy smokes !!! You have to be kidding me !! Arctic Cat has a very strong following and have built there name in atv's world wide since 1996 , good or bad you don't take that name and throw it away , people /customers leave !!

Reminds me of when they Case IH dropped the Steiger name off there tractors , Case international on there new company in 1985 ! merge with one of the largest farm machinery mfg company's and do everything you can to put Case name all over it and drop the IH name as much as they could and think people are going to buy it 😳 Those folks that make those decisions , all dollars and no cents !! 

Danny 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I thought they changed the name to Textron in an attempt to escape the bad reputation AC atvs have gotten. I certainly haven't been impressed with the '04 500 4x4 I bought new, definitely a case of looking good on paper, but not so much in person. It has been so problem laden that I still haven't put 1500 miles on it, I should take my loses and sell the thing, but no one seems to be willing to give me anything for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 1:04 PM, Wi Ih said:

That’s great that arctic is back 

and this is an IH SITE so we want just ih back!!

I think I'm well known enough on here that almost everyone knew I was just pulling his chain and ignored me......😈

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, farmall57 said:

Got this off Arctic Cat's web site, interesting:

After a year and a half under the Textron Off Road name, the passion of the loyal Arctic Cat customer base spoke loud and clear. We listened, and transitioned our off-road vehicles back to Arctic Cat in 2019. As a proud member of the Textron family, we remain committed to continuing the traditions of power, performance and precision engineering.

Except for a few of us the IH heritage is kinda dead and buried. If they brought it back it would just be another company trying to get sales. None of the pre merger designs would be used. None of the engines would be EPA compliant and who today after running a full up Power Shift would want to go back to Hi/Low TA's? So all it would be is a name. And unless Fiat would sell it off it would still all be under one roof so to speak. So you would be able to buy the exact same tractor with a Case, NH or Ford badge on it all at the same dealer. Sorry, just the way it is. And even if they were willing to sell someone the IH name IH doesn't own anythings. All the designs belong to FIAT including the combine. So they sell you the name. Now you have to design, develop, test and produce a tractor and other equipment or actually a multi line up of tractors and other equipment in factories that haven't been built and on lines that have yet to be set up. 

Don't get mad at me. I wish IH hadn't failed. But it would take some very wealthy people and some time to make anything happen today.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cattech said:

And I thought they changed the name to Textron in an attempt to escape the bad reputation AC atvs have gotten. I certainly haven't been impressed with the '04 500 4x4 I bought new, definitely a case of looking good on paper, but not so much in person. It has been so problem laden that I still haven't put 1500 miles on it, I should take my loses and sell the thing, but no one seems to be willing to give me anything for it.

This was my impression too.

I saw so many lightly used AC ATVs for sale I thought there must be reliability issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

😂😂 You’re just sad that all you’d see is my snow dust if we were riding together 😂😂.  I don’t expect to see a sidewinder here in my truck box next fall but you never know. Brand new on in PA right now that’s sort of tempting. 13,800 I think plus tax though. Was a 15,000 sled when I test drove it a year ago. Same sled actually I think lol.  I can’t see my self spending more then 10 k on a new/newer one. Mines still worth 6,000 so that means I need a extra 4,000 of income this year. We all know how that goes in farming lol. 

If all else fails and I loose my mind a little you might see me on a 1200 doo or if I can test drive a 900 ace turbo and like it maybe that way too. 

I might be in the snow dust but all you'd see is my skis belly pan 😂😂 sadly I've been pulled back by a cat too many times to mention so I'll leave it at that lol

Lots of good deals on kijiji right now on new old stock sleds. But when canola is gonna be tough to sell a guy can't be looking at new stuff too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...