Rich

Middle buster for cat 2 quick hitch

Just put a quick hitch on my 1086.  Is a cat 2 with 36" span for the pins.  I use a middle buster or potato plow to lay pipe in texas.  My cat 1 plow wont fit with 30" span.  Having problems finding 3 point plow that fits.  Any ideas?

Welder and some steel 

12 hours ago, bitty said:

Welder and some steel 

Welding is my current Learning challenge.  guess this could be a good project to learn on.  Are you suggesting to widen the cat 1 plow??

THANKS!!

I don't think you need that large of a tractor to pull a potato plow..... what did you use to pull it before? 

I would probably make the hitch and adapt it down to the middle buster. It is hard to figure it out without having the quick hitch and the middle buster sitting next to each other and do some reverse engineering

On 3/30/2019 at 5:35 PM, J-Mech said:

I don't think you need that large of a tractor to pull a potato plow..... what did you use to pull it 

I have a kuboto 3240.  It is totaly unreluable and down more than it is up. Also will only sink the plow 3" at times.  Dont need 1086 but is runs and quick hitch and 3 point setting is heavy enough to sink the plow.

43 minutes ago, Rich said:

I have a kuboto 3240.  It is totaly unreluable and down more than it is up. Also will only sink the plow 3" at times.  Dont need 1086 but is runs and quick hitch and 3 point setting is heavy enough to sink the plow.

Plows only go in the ground if they are set right and the point is good.  Sounds like you are sitting it down in hard ground if you are using it to lay pipe.  While the quick hitch will add some weight, I doubt it makes much difference in how deep it goes, but it will help. More than likely you will break the plow.  A rotary ditcher would be better. I've used them to lay tile in yards. 

Pretty simple to build an adapter from cat1 to cat 3. 

On 3/30/2019 at 4:51 PM, bitty said:

I would probably make the hitch and adapt it down to the middle buster. It is hard to figure it out without having the quick hitch and the middle buster sitting next to each other and do some reverse engineering

I'd do similar but expect to rip the middle buster to shreds unless you reinforce it. 

Maybe a Subsoiler might fit your needs better

IMG_0588.jpg

Sure you are correct.  Origional john deer plow blade lasted 100 feet.  Had to buy antique blade and larger harder bolts.  

What will a used unit like this cost.  I am still a newbe.  This is my retirement hobby. 

What kind of pipe are you laying?  What exactly are you trying to do, and how deep do you need it go? 

On 4/1/2019 at 12:22 PM, J-Mech said:

What kind of pipe are you laying?  What exactly are you trying to do, and how deep do you need it go? 

PVC 1 1/2". 2", 3"