INTERNATIONAL 1466

Tractor Jockeys

13 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Skip jockeys.............go straight to southern belle, or atleast that is my prefered way of going about it..................I wouldn't buy anything off Jockey's in my state.

Thats cause you cant afford anything in PA. Tractor prices in pa. Are nuts!  Then you cant afford to truck it very far cause are stinking fuel prices are the highest around! Thanks to old uncle wolf! 😡

We have bought two Euro Magnums from Lancaster Parts and Eqpt and were very satisfied. We got a McCormick MTX 140 and a MX 270 from HTR narvon PA both European also and the prices and the condition of the tractors from both were a good value. We got one 7250 from stitzels as I had compared to the others available at the time I was looking and it was a decent tractor for the money at the time. This tractor was from Texas at some point as the inside of the one rim had a dealer from Texas address on when we went to change a tire once. The 7240 we bought as a local repo tractor and it was from a custom chopping guy. This one had Texas parts tag on something under the hood. 

We almost pulled the trigger on another European Magnum we would like to got but it sold too quickly for us to make the decision.. it was a MX 180 priced at 18k and with delivery etc it would have been under 25k allowing room for working on it. Our first Magnum was from Kentucky as a year old and was bought sight unseen and extremely satisfied with it . 

2 hours ago, drglinski said:

There is a guy near me that does the same thing.   Buys up everything and tries to resel for double retail and he thinks he has a gold mine every time he buys something.  What usually happens is he has a large auction every 10 or so years to liquidate and typically loses on what he buys.   He’s the type of guy that goes to auctions with deep pockets so guys like me with a smaller budget that wants one or two things he bids up and buys.   Can’t stand the guy.   

Yup 👀

Obviously the best place to buy a used tractor in it's working clothes is on a farm sale. But having said that, it is not an option for most people buying from jockeys. There is one area jockey that I'm not sure I would buy a tractor from, but have always been treated fair when purchasing equipment from him.  But, there is one person that I would not walk, but run like the wind from anything advertised. An example.. probably 10 years ago I got a call from my BIL on a cold snowing day, that a guy with a loaded trailer had slid in the ditch and needed a pull. (since my BIL's green stuff probably wouldn't start.... sorry, couldn't help myself) Anyway the guy had a JD4840 on the trailer. Young guy, just getting started, great deal, the seller wanted to help a young farmer, etc.  (good thing I had my boots on) this kid was tickled pink with his new tractor. The part that I really had to bite my tongue was when he told us that the seller had bought it new and used it on his own farm.   Ahmmm, this guy has never farmed with a JD in his life and never bought a new tractor.   I really hope the kid didn't get taken to bad cause you just had to like him.     

And to top it off, Brunsvold just listed a $25k 1456 claiming only 2800hrs with a later 2600rpm 66 series tach......

Screenshot_20190331-073614.png

I have a jockey within a half hour of me that I have nothing but good to say about.  He has always been honest and fair to me.  I have bid against him on auctions a few times, and if he sees me bidding he will stop and let me have it.  He always said that he is looking to buy and resell, if he sees someone bidding that he knows is buying to use (like me) he will stop bidding.  He said it's not worth losing possible future business.  Because of this I try to give him business if I can.  He is quite different from most other jockeys I have seen and heard of.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Littlefeller said:

He always said that he is looking to buy and resell, if he sees someone bidding that he knows is buying to use (like me) he will stop bidding. 

Sounds like a real nice fellow.  Proably one of few around that would that and is willing to help a guy out.

5 hours ago, Long Farms said:

And to top it off, Brunsvold just listed a $25k 1456 claiming only 2800hrs with a later 2600rpm 66 series tach......

Screenshot_20190331-073614.png

That tractor “sold?” Saturday at Mecum Auction and brought $16,800.  At least pics were all the same as was the description.

30 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

Sounds like a real nice fellow.  Proably one of few around that would that and is willing to help a guy out.

That's why I like him and try to give him as much business as I can.  Could use more like him.😁

• Like 1