Sign in to follow this  
waterloo

UD 18 Bosch pump fuel lines

Just got a UD 18 with bosch injector pump. Most of the fuel lines are disconnected and maybe one missing. I think a while back someone was asking a similar question. Where do the lines go? So that is the first issue here is the second. The pump has at least one stuck plunger. Anyone had to deal with this problem? Thanks

where do the lines go... how can u mix them up???  front of pump to front of engine . 

all lines must be the same length and hold the same cc's of fluid. that is why they have curls in them. the one with the most curls is the closest one, the longest is the last one. put them where they fit.

2 minutes ago, rustred said:

all lines must be the same length and hold the same cc's of fluid. that is why they have curls in them. the one with the most curls is the closest one, the longest is the last one. put them where they fit.

also what lines are u talking about??? there is fuel filter lines also. 

Not the high pressure lines. But all the supply lines from filter to the pump

Waterloo, Does your engine have 2 filters, a primary and secondary? I have a TD9 that has only one filter and fuel comes into fuel supply pump at front and exits at rear fitting, then thru filter and to back fitting on fuel rail (where the supply lines to the injectors sit.) Overflow comes out front fitting and back to tank for recycling.

The fuel supply pump is the square box on the side of the pump.

Fuel from tank will go thru water separator before entering fuel supply pump, if your engine has a water separator.

Good Luck, Jim. 

one filter for fuel 2 for oil. Was looking at it today try to make sense of it Guess the cast box under the dipstick is like a big sediment bowl?

I don't know about the "cast box". The fuel separators I have seen look just like a big sediment bowl with a glass cup which is help on with a thumbnut bail to remove and clean out. Maybe show a picture of the box to determine if that is the separator. If you have a doubt about the box, bypass it and go direct to front of the fuel supply pump on the side of the main pump. Jim.