Long Farms

IH 1456 vs Pecan Tree

Glad someone picked that one up!

• Like 1

I saw that posted on the IH Facebook Group.

Good luck! Will waiting to see how her new owner treats her! 

If it was a Goldie I might just hate you! Jk! How long did it sit and how the heck did it happen it’s so flat there! Had to be running on its own power 

• Like 1

Just one long bar short bar tire on that one. Things are looking up!

• Haha 1

I can't get used to the idea of letting a tractor like that, with that injury, just letting it set there with brush growing up around it. what gives????

Has any one else wondered if you could get in trouble for owning too many 1456 tractors ? Antitrust law violation possibly ;)

Glad you got the chance to save it 

• Haha 1

Nice find!  it looks like a few hours with the buffer and she'll be good as new!  

I wish I'd find stuff like that up here in MN. Around here the only time you see old iron is when its on a semi on its way to the scrapyard.

Nice find. Congrats. Whats your plans for this one? Sure will be checking to see what all you do.

Wow. Congrats. C'mon though... We need the story!  How long has it sat there?  Not being familiar with southern climates, I can't even guestimate  if it's been  three years or 15.   Sleeping  driver hit tree?  Grandpa drop his glasses and hit tree while reaching for  them? 

• Like 1

Pecan is a slow growing tree. I would bet that tree is 20 years old. It looks like they hit the tree with the right side of the wide front and it broke the front bolster. Wish I could have found it. Congratulations on an awesome find. Please post pics of how you move it.

Bolster's broke, so there's a little more work involved.

Lots of nice jewelry to replenish the hoard, though.

But seriously, it just hit the tree, BAM, and there it sat... I can understand why it wasn't fixed, $$$ is a major factor. Lots of places operating on the brink, "one hiccup and yer done."

I could have done that to a tractor in Texas...... Hypothetically if I saw a rattlesnake and I tried to run it down and it goes up a tree I am going to keep trying to get that snake and snap goes the front end

:(

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, bitty said:

I could have done that to a tractor in Texas...... Hypothetically if I saw a rattlesnake and I tried to run it down and it goes up a tree I am going to keep trying to get that snake and snap goes the front end

Don't like snakes i gather. Me neither.

• Like 4

What a shame to just abandon a tractor like that. Glad you are saving another one!

1 hour ago, bitty said:

I hate snakes, so yes, I probably would have done the same thing, if we are hypothetically thinking!!! 

Nice find though!! I can’t believe how many 1456’s you have rescued down there!!! I can’t seem to find things like that in our area, and if I did, the owner would still want new price!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

I hate snakes, so yes, I probably would have done the same thing, if we are hypothetically thinking!!! 

Nice find though!! I can’t believe how many 1456’s you have rescued down there!!! I can’t seem to find things like that in our area, and if I did, the owner would still want new price!! 

A number of years ago i was dishing a field when I saw a garter snake. I turned that tractor around and aimed right at it. Disc did a nice job getting it. Dad thought I had lost my mind until I told him what i had been up to. Then he just laughed and shook his head.

• Like 1

What brand are those wheel weights?  They look massive! 

18 minutes ago, B.B. said:

What brand are those wheel weights?  They look massive! 

Probably cousin Vinny special they are poured concrete like the shoes cousin Vinny makes ....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reichow7120 said:

A number of years ago i was dishing a field when I saw a garter snake. I turned that tractor around and aimed right at it. Disc did a nice job getting it. Dad thought I had lost my mind until I told him what i had been up to. Then he just laughed and shook his head.

I would have done the same thing!! If I see snakes while mowing lawn, you can bet your bottom dollar it’s going through the blades!!!

• Like 2

Score Card:       Pecan Tree  1     vs    Tractor   0

Tractor was on Alcohol, chasing a pecan tree and pecan tree won.

End of Story

• Haha 2