4630 with triples

Eason

I can't imagine the stress on the axles. This tractor was set up for running a Dondi ditcher. Note the newer tractor with the ditcher on it in the first picture.

20190319_130319.jpg

20190319_130344.jpg

Looks like someone done some custom front end work on it also. I never thought they had enough power to handle singles much less triplets. Hey bitty ain't you always talking about how much you loved yours? (just kidding)

How are the duals and triples mounted?  Where did that tractor come from?

I knew a fellow that had axle duals and snap on triples on his 4630 to spray in soft ground.  He also had a 4400 combine on steel tracks to get corn off with when it was too soft for his 7700 or 7720, I cannot remember which it was.

Any tractor you can put 10 bolt duals on it's really easy to get a set of spools to put tripples on. I didn't indicate that it was wise to do that though LOL

Glad to see the Dondi ditcher.

I had one back in the '70s or early '80s.  The Dondi ditcher really needed a hydrostatic drive tractor for infinite speeds.  IH was the on Hydro available at the time------but not quite what I wanted.

I built a prime mover for it using a drive axle (hydro, transmission, final drives) from a M-F 750 combine-------powered with a 453 Detroit with an oilfield clutch g-box for the pto.

Sold the ditcher in last few years to folks that were going to put it on a big J-D with variable speed transmission for draining some abandoned catfish ponds.

The Dondi ditcher would sure cut a clean ditch.  I was accused of being able to make water run up-hill with it!!!?

Triples were most likely for flotation------ditcher did not take alot of forward traction effort.

Thanks for posting Eason.

DD

Archived