Sign in to follow this  
JPOMINICOWS

Hydraulics issue

I have got a 584 with a a quick attach loader. I lose all power to loader,three point, and auxiliary at times. It may come back and usually acts like there is air in the three systems. It will then work for a while and then die again. I have changed the filter, the fluid, and hooked the loader in correctly to the power beyond. I have read a bunch of the forums and this is my conclusion. My steering priority valve is locking up. If I pull the spring- Hydraulics all work correctly but no steering.  The PTO is working fine and I am getting at least 2000 psi on the auxiliary and loader attachment when system is working correctly. When I lose the hydraulics- 00 pressure at the same points. Past forums say to pull and place a groove in the top of the valve. The book says to replace. The big issue is I can not seem to get the valve out of the housing. I can physically move it up and down but can't get it to come past the threads of the plug. I have tried to use pressure to push out and that doesn't seem to work either. Any ideas, thoughts or anything else I am missing.

Could be sucking air around filter housing. If it has even the slightest leak it’ll do that. That’s the first thing I’d check. 

I've had numerous of those valves stick. The result was always hard steering. For it to do as you suggest all the oil would have to go through the steering orifice If not impossible nearly so. It sounds to me more like the pump is running out of oil to pump. Do you check the level running or static? Do both and note the difference. Nyjim has mentioned the second thing to check. Also the gasket where the mcv mounts can leak air. I believe that tractor has a transmission lube light. Does it work? There is a transmission lube pump that if failed may be causeing most of the fluid to stay in the front housing.

On 3/17/2019 at 1:57 PM, JPOMINICOWS said:

The big issue is I can not seem to get the valve out of the housing. I can physically move it up and down but can't get it to come past the threads of the plug. I have tried to use pressure to push out and that doesn't seem to work either. Any ideas, thoughts or anything else I am missing.

To get spool out I have made a tool out of a bolt. Let tractor set overnight with priority flow control plug out...let oil drain out good.Measure id of spool with snap gauge, turned bolt down .003 smaller than id. Next a shot of brake cleaner in id of spool, red loctite on turned down bolt prop something under bolt to hold it up in place. Work on something else till lunch time, now you have a hex to rotate spool as you work it out of bore. Leave bolt and spool married together so you can hone bore and spool as one, a little bit of Clover White lapping compound works good for me. After you are satisfied with fit lightly heat spool to melt loctite. 

New to the forum thing, will check around the filter, will take good look at the MVP mount, fluid is good and moving from front to back, if it had a light it is gone because I had to abandon most of the factory wiring. The other thing that I might be fighting is I have had a leak on the mater cylinders for the brakes. Got new cylinders installed but I still have a slight leak on one fitting. The hydrualic issue and the brakes both started about the same time and I hadn't but the connection together until you guys started talking about air getting into the system. Thanks, will let you know.

Joining in here with a 584 question that may relate to this. My steering works well all the time but I have lost hydraulic functions to loader and three point. Three point arms will lift under 0 load but no lift under pressure.

I have had the relief valve out as well as the priority valve and they look fine. U can only look into the cushion valve. I changed fluid and filter and all looked good.

The tractor has 600 hours on it.

Thanks, 

Gregg