Sign in to follow this  
Long Farms

IH Foot Throttle

Installed one of Devons IH foot throttles. Nice kit and works well for a hydro loader tractor. Been wanting to try one for years. 

20190315_185238.jpg

20190315_183827.jpg

• Like 2

Nice 1026!  Does the pedal work as a decelerator or an accelerator?

Wheres that hook in ? I want one on my 756 we out the Cummins in . My throttle is all factory including linkage to the pump. Hook onto angle piece at bottom of shaft??

Just of curiosity what is the advantage on a hydro? I would really like a couple on my 1086s.

Seems like a waste of time,money and ruins the one of best functions of a Hydro to me.I would never ruin the originality of my 1026,H70 and install one of those.I spent 1000's of hours on mine from loader tractor use to plowing,mowing,raking ,baling hay plus all types of general use and never felt the need for one.One of the best functions of a Hydro is to set the throttle and leave it.Forward and reverse, pto or loader work never touch it.

Simple, efficient. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jacka said:

Seems like a waste of time,money and ruins the one of best functions of a Hydro to me.I would never ruin the originality of my 1026,H70 and install one of those.I spent 1000's of hours on mine from loader tractor use to plowing,mowing,raking ,baling hay plus all types of general use and never felt the need for one.One of the best functions of a Hydro is to set the throttle and leave it.Forward and reverse, pto or loader work never touch it.

Simple, efficient. 

Why have the engine screaming when you don't need it?   I use the throttle pedal in my skidsteer all the time.

• Like 1

The engine doesn't need to be running at 2600, but the way I understand it, loafing around at idle all the time is hard on the hydro. You want the pressure and flow to be adequate to the transmission. That whining and groaning hydros make when you move them at idle can't be good for things.

• Like 1

I can’t speak for a Hydro because I don’t have one on my 1066 Hydro but I have one on the 706 with a loader and it works great it gives you extra RPMs when you want to raise the bucket and let off to shift then rev it up again. makes running the loader much more fun

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Why have the engine screaming when you don't need it?   I use the throttle pedal in my skidsteer all the time.

Engine doesn't have to be "screaming" anyway on any tractor ,you adjust throttle for the job.I know when baling at 540 rpm that motor is little less 3/4 throttle.Your baler is full,you back up  tie ,eject bale and back in the row again.Like Matt Kirsh said hydros are run a certain way,you lug them they overheat.I was just saying in my original response it just seems like a unnecessary addition to a 1026 or any hydro.I guess also I am not a foot throttle fan,maybe that comes from  my hatred of JDs.The old 20 series,bouncing across fields with your foot getting on and off pedal,very hard to maintain a constant,consistent rpm. JDs needed them because wide open on throttle  was 540 /1000 rpm. Really in my opinio a engine is just a powerplant,keep it at constant rpms would seem more efficient to me.Hydros are the best at that. 

• Like 1

Thanks Long Farms ,I'm gona get one. Just for conversation piece....lol

I used Deeres pedal a lot........I found it very handy, used them a lot on the newer Deeres picking tomatoes, it was nice to throttle up across the headlands, pull in idle down, run electro hydraulic box and steer, throw the pto on and take off with the foot throttle, once going set the hand one and take your foot off the pedal.  

10 hours ago, Jacka said:

Simple, efficient. 

You do know these are same as you could order on the tractor when new right?

These are exact replicas of the IH part that could be ordered from the factory or dealer parts dept.

The foot throttle would pay for itself in fuel and engine overhaul expenses.

Agreed hydros need revved up as they are not to be lugged but no reason to have them rapped out when not needed.

I have one of those on my 966. 

Pretty handy for certain situations. 

11 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

The engine doesn't need to be running at 2600, but the way I understand it, loafing around at idle all the time is hard on the hydro. You want the pressure and flow to be adequate to the transmission. That whining and groaning hydros make when you move them at idle can't be good for things.

^^^^^ I agree with this 100%! 👍

I have a Hydro 186 with a loader on it, I try to tell people to keep the RPMs between 15 and 1800 when doing loader work, but sometimes I might as well tell the fence post! 🤬

I’m sure if I could teach my dogs 🐕 to drive tractors they would listen much better than most people!

8 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

I used Deeres pedal a lot........I found it very handy, used them a lot on the newer Deeres picking tomatoes, it was nice to throttle up across the headlands, pull in idle down, run electro hydraulic box and steer, throw the pto on and take off with the foot throttle, once going set the hand one and take your foot off the pedal.  

I don’t pick tomatoes, but I do use it for throttle when running the forage harvester or other pieces of equipment, I find it so much easier to have your hand free for the hydraulic lever or PTO switch, once I get going then I just push the hand throttle and take my foot off the foot throttle… It’s like cruise control! 🤔