MTO

IH B-414

Considering one of these old girls.

Any opinions?

It`s gas/3-ph/live pto/hi-lo/diff lock.

I assume it has live pto as Tractordata says so, not seller.

Hi MTO, 

i have no experience with the gas version, but i can tell ya i sure love my diesel one. solid well built machine, easy to fix and service. Most parts are readily available and even "jobber" mahindra parts fit in a lot of situations. 

Live pto is only on the regular 8x2 transmissions.  the ones with 8x8 do not have live PTO.

the only downfall on mine and many others is the lack of power steering, they can be a pig to steer with a FEL... 

what do you plan to do with it ? got some pics of your candidate to share with us?

i would not hesitate to get a second one if i had the need for it. 

20 minutes ago, Power of Red said:

Hi MTO, 

i have no experience with the gas version, but i can tell ya i sure love my diesel one. solid well built machine, easy to fix and service. Most parts are readily available and even "jobber" mahindra parts fit in a lot of situations. 

Live pto is only on the regular 8x2 transmissions.  the ones with 8x8 do not have live PTO.

the only downfall on mine and many others is the lack of power steering, they can be a pig to steer with a FEL... 

what do you plan to do with it ? got some pics of your candidate to share with us?

i would not hesitate to get a second one if i had the need for it. 

54434912_2103600743063815_9099149217443610624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=5f2bccd730000921b7a3d3994a27191e&oe=5D143229

• Like 3

wow, looks pretty straight and cared for.

are you sure its a B414 and not a B250 or B275 ? the b414 usuall have white wheels. cant tell from the picture. easy way at a glance is the front axle is square on the B414 and the B250-275 have round tube front axles.

from the picture i cant tell if its the 8x2 or 8x8 transmission nor can i see if its a later one with the larger brakes ( i have been told the older ones with the smaller 5" brakes can be hard to get brake parts )

i assume the hydrolic valve is for a set of remotes and not a FEL ? i dont see any evidence of it.

the original pump will run a loader, but if you plan on any serious loader work... get it an auxiliary pump for it. 

and like most, this one has no power steering...

not sure what they run for in Pennsylvania,  but one like that up here will run you $2500-4000 CAD depending on overall shape and mechanical health.

Al 

1 concern is he says it has no O/P gauge anywhere.  Square front axle.  4sp fwd/1 rev with hi-lo

Where could I screw in a gauge if I go look at it and would it take a standard 1/4" thread? Or is standard 1/8th?

53519640_1071618449688330_8206736347130494976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=1831db5911f0920f42cadb0828aba0ee&oe=5D1C8D32Looks like 982 which would be 1962

Maybe O/P gauge same on gas, dunno but all this has is temp and plugs in otherr dash holes looking at pic

11 minutes ago, mmi said:

shows for diesel.... hole in dash?  to around oil filter...follow ......#21 to source and make sure bulb is good

image.png.3982cb04f72a0e59cf931664fd0a2f51.png

https://www.messicks.com/cas/57566

so you`re saying it has O/P light on left of dash? Looks like socket broken/rusty

Yes its an older one 

i believe the gas uses the same block as diesel, just different head, sleeve/piston kit.

so the oil take off should be in the same location as mine, to the left of the lift pump just a bit below it.

I put in an aftermarket gauge and what ever standard fitting where in there fit, i think it was 1/8npt but dont mark my words

this one should have live pto

460828818_sendunit.JPG.58d9e68835fcb0927d933f43995ed5c8.JPG

Young fella knows little about it but is helpful answering my questions. 

When asked if live pto, he said 3ph works with pto off. =)

May just take a gauge and go for a 2 hr one way ride this wkd.

You have been VERY helpful POR!

• Like 1

My pleasure MTO, 

i have had a lot of help from this forum,  its my chance to give back a little 🙂 

feel free to ask me more questions. i have been in pretty deep in this tractor and am staring to know it very well inside out...

Take care

Al

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MTO said:

Young fella knows little about it but is helpful answering my questions. 

When asked if live pto, he said 3ph works with pto off. =)

so it is not an....9-8NNN

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mmi said:

so it is not an....NNNN

Don`t understand N?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mmi said:

so it is not an....9-8NNN

ah... no. Didn`t see the pics?

You are only allowed to buy it if you promise not to sell it to your neighbour!

🤣😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pid 1831 said:

You are only allowed to buy it if you promise not to sell it to your neighbour!

🤣😂

good memory Pid

The B414 gas models had a red telite for the oil pressure and a green one for the generator charge system, Power steering became available as an option in the last year or 2 of there production, which was a slave cylinder on the drag link, with a piggy back pump added to the 3 ph pump and the radius rod on the front axle. The PTO and 3 PH are both separate functions, the hyd is live with a engine driven pump, the PTO is a dual stage, push clutch pedal down to foot board, engage PTO lever let pedal up 1/2 way and PTO will run, release clutch pedal up all the way up with transmission shifter in gear     your away

• Thanks 1

I think you NEED it Mark. 😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MTO said:

ah... no. Didn`t see the pics?

so it is better than Ricks 8n dont need pto to plow

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

The B414 gas models had a red telite for the oil pressure and a green one for the generator charge system, Power steering became available as an option in the last year or 2 of there production, which was a slave cylinder on the drag link, with a piggy back pump added to the 3 ph pump and the radius rod on the front axle. The PTO and 3 PH are both separate functions, the hyd is live with a engine driven pump, the PTO is a dual stage, push clutch pedal down to foot board, engage PTO lever let pedal up 1/2 way and PTO will run, release clutch pedal up all the way up with transmission shifter in gear     your away

X2, do it!

they are a bit light in the loafers without a loader however.