Sign in to follow this  
Mike56073

DMI 527 vs 527B

In the market to buy a 527.  Can anyone enlighten me on differences between a 527 and a 527B?  Also, as far as the B's are concerned, are there any differences between a DMI and a CaseIH ?  Thanks!!

I think the 527 has manual adjustment on the leveling disk in the rear.  The B series looks to be hydraulic adjustment.    We have a 527, seems to do a good job.     Paint color is probably the only difference between the dmi and case Ih.  

This is my 527B, great machine! Very low usage as I switched to no-till. It really needs a new home.

FB_IMG_1482210498963.jpg

So the only difference between the two is the ratchet style levelers vs hydraulic?

Look at the hydraulic cylinders for the wheels and see if the brackets for them have been patched at the frame. Also check out the arm of the shank where it attaches to the mounting bracket under the springs. If they're worn and the shanks shake I'd walk away.  527s are getting enough age on them good ones will be scarce as hens teeth.

527b

Heavier rockshaft and did away with the bolt idea to a pin on the shank pivot mounts that will break and are a pain to replace after the 527 got "well seasoned". Also different leveling system. On DMI anything, b, or c, or 2 on the Tigermates is better than the predecessor. Updates for the better. Figure 200hp at the minimum with mfwd. Unless you have super sandy soil if you're going to use it for what it was designed to do. Heck I'd just take a road trip to MN and take a gander at what ptm has. Lol! Looks like a good one!