from H to 80

wiper blade refills

Why can't you buy wiper refills anymore? The rubber was tearing on the wipers for my wife's truck so i went to my trusty NAPA store and told them i need refills " Don't have em but we can sell you these new supper amazing ice free ones for 30 bucks apiece " i tried every store in town and no one had them. It just seems a shame to buy the whole wiper when all i need is the rubber.

I guess it's all part of the new throw it away mentality, heck years ago we never bought new spark plugs unless they were burnt off or cracked.

• Like 1

I remember those things, and how frustrating they could be to install.

Sure they were cheaper, but 1/2 the time they didn't fit the holders, or you tore one going together. And then found out the blade frame was tweeked and didn't contour to the windshield anymore.

$30 each is rather radical, hope they're gold plated. I just grab the $8 assemblies at walmart, clip on & go. I keep an extra under the seat in case I need one in a pinch.

• Like 1

There are good refills available and they last for years.

Look for Piaa Pure Silicone Wiper refills.

Be sure to order the right width, I believe they are 6mm or 8mm, to fit your vehicle.

I then buy the longest ones I can get and cut to the proper length.

You can find for $10-$20/refill.

I put a set on my pickup 8 years ago and they still do not streak and are working very well.

The silicone in the blade will coat your windshield to help repel water like Rainx.

They have treated me very well.

Looks like Walmart and Tire Rack may carry but I get online

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/314-Silicone-Wiper-Refill-24-600Mm.aspx.

3 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

There are good refills available and they last for years.

Look for Piaa Pure Silicone Wiper refills.

Be sure to order the right width, I believe they are 6mm or 8mm, to fit your vehicle.

I then buy the longest ones I can get and cut to the proper length.

You can find for $10-$20/refill.

I put a set on my pickup 8 years ago and they still do not streak and are working very well.

The silicone in the blade will coat your windshield to help repel water like Rainx.

They have treated me very well.

Looks like Walmart and Tire Rack may carry but I get online

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/314-Silicone-Wiper-Refill-24-600Mm.aspx.

It just doesn't make sense to me, throwing away a perfectly good wiper assembly because the rubber is torn but that seems to be the way everything is going .

Maybe i'm a cheapskate ? Just seems like everything is disposable these days. I will check out your website and maybe order some to have on hand.

last I found took 3 weeks and 6 hoops to run thru then online only....got 8 as they were then $4 ea delivered  was the entire snap in assem    

not for winter as they freeze to last shape  and like the scam with tires they are only good 5 years on shelf or 2 in sun/use

the $60 ones lasted 18 months

several $20-30 do have just the proprietary insert only online ,most sites never in stock or price just went $$12 ea

I've bought refills on Amazon, no issues. Arrived in a couple days at most.

I get refills at O'Reillys auto parts. Thx-Ace

My local auto store has Anco or Trico blade assemblys for around $4. While I don't care for the throw away world we live in, you can't beat the price. Just click on and go. Much easier than threading the refills and they would probably cost $3. 

• Like 1

It seems to me the more popular the application the more likely you can find refills, and on the lesser popular applications just be glad you can find blades.

I get refills at my  Napa store  all the time

........what's a refill?  (Joke).  I'm 42, and have never seen one though. Imo, the new $30-40 blade sets, a work a Lot better than the $6 Amco ones I grew up with.  

They don't break. The rubber doesn't peel off.  I get two years out of blades. My wife, usually only one, but she's 5'0 and has no interest in reaching to scrape  ice or snow for very long. 

The local auto parts store even installs them free for $20(?) a set.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'd settle for being able to find a conventional metal style wiper for my '16 Silverado.

These all plastic "beam" style wipers are a joke, as soon as it gets cold the plastic stiffens up and the blade won't follow the contour of the windshield as it wipes and misses areas.

Can still find them at our local Autozone, just have to let them know if your vehicle is 2wd or 4wd first though. Smh

• Haha 1

I get 4 months average per set usually a set in may, it's doesn't rain much till October, a set then. April aka mid mud season

Because there were three types. Wide,medium and thin to stock . That money 💰 to stock and management of inventories. The problem of stocking 4000 stores and having the right product at the store. Also the newer car have two different sizes , come two to a package. So customers don’t like buying two . 

Customers never know what width type they had. They would buy the wrong one. Come back po cause the counter person sold them the wrong. Or the y come back again cause the did know they had two sizes, each time they never bought the car in. Cause the wife would come and say my husband told me to get wiper refills . Where’s the car ,well not here it my daughter car she’s at school . Wrong one . Then the husband who should have come ,i comes in po we sold the wrong ones. We sell him ones wrong ones , two different sizes ,po cause two different sizes .po po po po 

Mt Carquest guys say they cannot get refills.  I trust em.  Anco and Trico were refill ones.  Anco are junk.  Trico been good but I really like the Bosch.  They really last longer and clean better.

We get 46-50" of rain...we are wiper experts per se!

3 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Mt Carquest guys say they cannot get refills.  I trust em.  Anco and Trico were refill ones.  Anco are junk.  Trico been good but I really like the Bosch.  They really last longer and clean better.

We get 46-50" of rain...we are wiper experts per se!

**** I had that much rain last year on top of snowfall to boot....