88power

6 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Been listening to some Highway 101 in the truck lately.  They’ve got a bunch of good ones, these two are a couple of my favorites. 

https://youtu.be/o2AN8KoHKxM?si=HjWbztPPAhODXHvQ

They were/are a great group. 

Far different Highway 101 than what I was thinking....

Then again, the other option wouldn't have played on the Weather Channel.

Speaking of, here are a few other classics from Network Music that would have brightened up your Local On The 8's in the '90s & early 2000.

Mike

I did find a sampling of Local On The 8's that actually has country in it. Nitty Gritty in the beginning, Chet Atkins is six songs in.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2023 at 9:12 PM, hillman said:

while waiting for the wife getting the groceries, I threw in the only CD I have in truck  . The Eagles must have been crowding 60 with they recorded this album. I don't think any classic band or artist can come up with such excellent music years after their prime like this 

I used to really like the Eagles, and I saw them in concert in 2003. They sounded live, just like the album. I was impressed at the talent. Clearly the studio wasn't covering up for anything.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:39 PM, nomorejohndeere said:

Always liked Dr. John, but gained a greater appreciation for him after picking up a two tape (VHS) set, where's he's giving some background to what he plays. It was then I realized, he does not need accompaniment. It seems to detract from his playing abilities.

This was his second visit to Homespun.

He did good work on his albums regardless & his best sound was with the Meters. In the case of the album you posted from, there's even a couple Ikettes singing backup.

Mike

On 3/23/2023 at 8:25 PM, mike newman said:

Oh...dear Lord......why do we have to suffer so....???

Mike

(,,,:)...)

Oh but Mike those are all CLASSICS now. 🙂 full disclosure those are some of my favorites from that time period. I know your probably shocked Mike. But we were all young once and didn't have the benefit of old wooden wheeled pickup trucks and your awesome country side to keep us on the right track Mike. 😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Oh but Mike those are all CLASSICS now. 🙂 full disclosure those are some of my favorites from that time period. I know your probably shocked Mike. But we were all young once and didn't have the benefit of old wooden wheeled pickup trucks and your awesome country side to keep us on the right track Mike. 😉

Steady there now Doug.....you must remember that those halcyon days of wooden spoke wheels on our wonderful old American  car  /   pickup  (!!)  conversions lacked the latest audio equipment of the day.......In fact it would have an absolute no contest  between a lever   action 30-30   and the  latest   (mid  fifties ..) audio one track tape player....

I grew up   ...(in my extended family...there is some doubt about that claim....due to my continued pre occupation  with metal tracks......:()......very much in favour of the American 'folk singers ''  as a personal  preference.....names like Brian Wilson  / Dave Guard  / Bruce Belland   and many others of that ilk  and era...

Then came the Beatles and others of that ilk .....tuneless, lyric less   dirge.....absolute crap ...to my cultured ears   (..:rolleyes: )  ..sort of more like a bloody circus act...with frail little  specimens, with the physique  of  a   Gibbon Monkey  with jewelry  and sun glasses,  ...and the very similar vigorous and vocal displays and also the loud screaming  which characterizes    this particular   specimen  of the ape family......

I   won't bore you further ..but there are some wonderful   American  musicians that I like....a lot have passed  , but their music lives on ......

A great experience for me ...some two bit   sh!t   kicker from   Ngatimoti, NZ  to be at the Grand   Ol' Opry in 2005  with the Red Power   fraternity...

Different  strokes etc Doug ...:)

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Think they will be headed on a steep incline to stardom, nice voices, very attractive sisters and not entirely dressed like ladies of the evening yet, think in another video they were working with livestock, let's hope their future path doesn't take them too far away from their roots, I can't imagine much things worse than fame but most seek it out

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Discovered a new album from Margo Cilker in one of the seasonal Best of 2023 lists.  Despite the incorrect caption in the YouTube video,  I'm pretty sure this is Margo performing a live version of "Crazy or Died" - one of my favorite cuts.

• Like 1

Stumbled across some live Rush this morning 1974 some Bandstand production at a high school pre Neil Peart, their first album with Working Man, quit one of my post retirement jobs yesterday, great timing, not today Bubba!!

3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Been listening to Reo Speedwagon, Jackson Browne and Tom Petty here lately.  Last month it was Boston, Styx and Def Leppard.   My moods change over time!

Well, I see you are in a MUCH better mood this month! 

WHERE'S THE CHRISTMAS MUSIC???!!

Mike

1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

😁  I was suffering with some migrain issues last month!  I was in an angry mood...

Styx and Rush would give me a migraine too. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I just stumbled on this. I’m not sure what to think of Tyler Childers. Some stuff is little too much on the hippie side for my liking but some stuff he just knocks it out of the park. 

Well, since we are getting close to that time of year.... & apparently I'm the only celebrant here.... I figured something should be posted....

Mike

@Absent Minded Farmer]...Mike ....for your contemplation .....

...Stevie Nix     singing ''Silent Night"" please...for the quintessential   Xmas song...

....and to give the   curious purveyors  of that heavy metal  crap , some real culture,   Johnny    Cash singing  :...''The Lumberjack  ''   song ...

As always , thankyou for your consideration......:)

Mike

• Like 1