88power

while waiting for the wife getting the groceries, I threw in the only CD I have in truck  . The Eagles must have been crowding 60 with they recorded this album. I don't think any classic band or artist can come up with such excellent music years after their prime like this 

I saw this video pop up in my notifications yesterday. Had to go look & see how old Robert is. He's 77!! Hope to be doing half as good at his age. His fuel might be his wife Toyah, who is the one performing vocals & lighting up the stage at 65. 

Goes to show, there were some new musicians from the late '60s that had batter things to do than drugs.

I've checked out Toyah's channel too. After some review, I can agree with many of the comments in their videos.... what a charming pair of nutters! These two crack me up!

I'll leave a link for you to check out his history from King Crimson to what he's up to now & you'll be able to link to Toyah's Wiki page from that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fripp

Mike

54 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I haven’t heard it mentioned anywhere on here, but if anybody hasn’t heard it “Rich Men North of Richmond” has to be a future all time great. 

isn't it odd the truth is now controversial?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hillman said:

The Stones released a new single with album to follow next month. Classic Stones but I dunno about 80 year olds  with 20 somethings in the video . maybe they should retire ? LOL

Frankly, Hilman, I prefer my own version of"" Rolling Stones.""....I have also no doubt that the rewards are less,, ....:mellow:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, mike newman said:

Classic Stones but I dunno about 80 year olds  with 20 somethings in the video .

If you are too old to dream, maybe you are just TOO old!!!🤔

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikem said:

Mike

Mike...it is with some relief, for me to suggest to you that the quote you used  belong to  @hillman  in fact...Hillman being one of the more ''sane ..  and quite discriminating at times ''   posters on the music topic......:rolleyes:

none  the less, your comment to me  certainly has same modicum of truth to it......:(

...however the ''rolling  stone '' bit I mentioned are as per the picture.......not those screeching  octogenarians.......

Mike

IMG_2425.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, mikem said:

Mike

I guess🤠 and what can't  get up don't get out so Mick and the boys are most likely harmless naturally aspirated 🤡

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I haven’t heard it mentioned anywhere on here, but if anybody hasn’t heard it “Rich Men North of Richmond” has to be a future all time great. 

. He cancelled a show because of high ticket prices, He doesn't think they should be more than $25

He gets it! great spokes person for the average Joe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

Guys I work with sometimes go to concerts or at least look at tickets online. The 'cheap-seats' are usually over a hundred bucks, yeah, I'm out!

So, Mike.  I guess your not spending a hundred bucks to watch Luke Bryan Thursday night in a farm field northeast of the "yard"!  😄

1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

So, Mike.  I guess your not spending a hundred bucks to watch Luke Bryan Thursday night in a farm field northeast of the "yard"!  😄

10-4 good buddy! There will never be a concert closer to home but I will be attending work. Save the vacation day for combining and other fall fun!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DT Fan said:

10-4 good buddy! There will never be a concert closer to home but I will be attending work. Save the vacation day for combining and other fall fun!

The road past the "yard" is closed to all but local traffic at 9 AM on Thursday.   But, between folks who live there, farmers and our customers.. I don't expect it to be any less busy.

• Like 1

Don't know why. When I hear one of these two songs, the other gets stuck in my head. Both have been together on my "'60's, '70s & More" playlist for a long time due to that fact. Also realized, that playlist on Winamp is around 25 years old.

Guess I should stop thinking of it as that newfangled technology?

Mike