88power

I like v8 Detroits. some on here h8em? There was a pile of them on the road when I was young and there are a lot of tall tales about them out on the highway. Anyhow they are music to my ears ! would love to own a cabover KW  for a toy .with a Buzzin Dozen

this dude makes her sing? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hillman said:

I like v8 Detroits. some on here h8em? There was a pile of them on the road when I was young and there are a lot of tall tales about them out on the highway. Anyhow they are music to my ears ! would love to own a cabover KW  for a toy .with a Buzzin Dozen

this dude makes her sing? 

I was on a location movie shoot a couple months ago. The generator truck was a big old cabover Pete with the gennie mounted on the back. After tear down they fired the truck up to leave. Couldn't believe my ears. 12v Detroit.

• Like 1

^ I wouldn't want to drive one long-haul or anything but man they got the cool factor years later. As a kid I remember going to the larger town near here with my parents. The 4 lane highway wasn't built yet in those days so the trucks went right through downtown. I was at an impressionable age and still love hearing big diesels going through the gears and DDs were just echoing in that town

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another one in trouble

"I am sad to report that, apparently, John Prine is in critical condition due to Covid.
John has had his share of health issues over recent years, but was still willing to grab his guitar and play his iconic Americana songs, right up until this year, but no longer.
You can check the web for his family’s statements on this sad situation.
Hello in there, John old brother….hello."

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/index.php/2020/03/30/march-30-2020-reader-tips/#comment-1301298

“It don’t make no sense that common sense don’t make no sense no more”

I reckon that “Common Sense” is well out in front as the anthem of the 21st century

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

Another one in trouble

"I am sad to report that, apparently, John Prine is in critical condition due to Covid.
John has had his share of health issues over recent years, but was still willing to grab his guitar and play his iconic Americana songs, right up until this year, but no longer.
You can check the web for his family’s statements on this sad situation.
Hello in there, John old brother….hello."

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/index.php/2020/03/30/march-30-2020-reader-tips/#comment-1301298

“It don’t make no sense that common sense don’t make no sense no more”

I reckon that “Common Sense” is well out in front as the anthem of the 21st century

…..most of the     'long haired ''   music portrayed in video' form in previous posts  …, I rate as PFG...….but that is merely my opinion....

...John Prine is  something else again...song writer extraordinaire……...great with his guitar......top entertainer...Another well loved American

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woke up thinking of Asleep at the Wheel (w/ a nod to Randy Newman)

Best AstW tune not featuring Ray Benson's voice (w/ a nod to Loretta).  The pedal steel alone is worth the listen.

A little Tex Swing.

Well as it is  ANZAC    day down under today  ….25th April...….and we are "Banned  " from having dawn services around  New Zealand  ...due to the Covis BS …...it's time to listen to John   McDermott

….""and the band plays waltzing    Matilda"...a beautiful rendition  of Eric  Bogle's   song re the slaughter  of Aussie and Kiwi troops  in Gallipoli

ANZAC....Australian New Zealand Army Corps

Mike

Mike - Did you stand at the end of your driveway as suggested by our lovely leaders? Or listen to the dawn service from the comfort of your house? We compromised and sat on the veranda watching the sun rise and listen to the national anthems

Cheers Brett

19 minutes ago, 35desoto said:

Mike - Did you stand at the end of your driveway as suggested by our lovely leaders? Or listen to the dawn service from the comfort of your house? We compromised and sat on the veranda watching the sun rise and listen to the national anthems

Cheers Brett

With  great respect, Brett.....standing at the end of our "drive "  would  have been rather pointless..in my opinion.....given our location  !!!!...No..I was up early ..listened to J McD...and .am repairing  a silage grab  for the Rainbow   Station.....in for some breaky with the old  (my ) cook...

Being raised in a RSA  home......we were always very respectful  of ANZAC day.....although our family  casualties were in Germany...…………………...

Mike

13 hours ago, mike newman said:

Well as it is  ANZAC    day down under today  ….25th April...….and we are "Banned  " from having dawn services around  New Zealand  ...due to the Covis BS …...it's time to listen to John   McDermott

….""and the band plays waltzing    Matilda"...a beautiful rendition  of Eric  Bogle's   song re the slaughter  of Aussie and Kiwi troops  in Gallipoli

ANZAC....Australian New Zealand Army Corps

Mike

Similar here.  Though there were work arounds like the candle held in the driveways.  Local town had this coordinated with internet links via Returned Services League of the traditional Revallie, minutes silence , Last Post etc via strategic pa systems around town

Me holding a candle in the driveway would have been like Mike - unlikely to be seen.  But you don't forget when you're related to quite a few on both columns on the Honour Boards in the local hall.

Mike  Sounds like John   McDermott is Irish?

Did you ever run into an Irish group calked "Barleycorn"?  Their lead singer's surname was McCormack and he had a magnificent voice - I wouldn't be suprised if Father John McC of older operatic tenor fame was a not too distant relation.  And did they know how to deal with a jar afterwards

23 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

Similar here.  Though there were work arounds like the candle held in the driveways.  Local town had this coordinated with internet links via Returned Services League of the traditional Revallie, minutes silence , Last Post etc via strategic pa systems around town

Me holding a candle in the driveway would have been like Mike - unlikely to be seen.  But you don't forget when you're related to quite a few on both columns on the Honour Boards in the local hall.

Mike  Sounds like John   McDermott is Irish?

Did you ever run into an Irish group calked "Barleycorn"?  Their lead singer's surname was McCormack and he had a magnificent voice - I wouldn't be suprised if Father John McC of older operatic tenor fame was a not too distant relation.  And did they know how to deal with a jar afterwards

Yes !!…...Derek    Mc Cormack....he died very  young.....but a great singing voice..as you said, Ian

John McDermott   is actually  Scottish born....with Irish roots......and sings with a couple of other  Irish Tenors...good stuff...possibly not to the liking of the "long haired music (??)  boys " on here though....:rolleyes:....just the old "different  strokes  for different folks" thing......:)

Mike