Jim Hartman'w new Toy and travels

That hydro 100 has a V12?...... Wow that's got to be smooth

Sharp machinery I wouldn’t mind owning any of them..... if I could Haha

I would like to see more of the “Hydro 650”. Very impressive Jim. 

Thanks for posting it Brian

If Its what it looks like it’s an Allison v12 the same engine that would have been in a Lockheed P-38 lightning. WOW! 

Just now, vtfireman85 said:

If Its what it looks like it’s an Allison v12 the same engine that would have been in a Lockheed P-38 lightning. WOW! 

that was my 2x

the RR in Queens car or trimmed version of the merlin??

9 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Sure is also early Mustangs, P 40's and more. The RR Meteor is a British tank engine! Think it will pull??:lol:

The Meteor is a Merlin-based tank engine with an 800 HP rating, no blower.Look how much bigger the Allison is for 60 more cubes and less HP!

7 hours ago, TomH said:

Sure is also early Mustangs, P 40's and more. The RR Meteor is a British tank engine! Think it will pull??:lol:

I suspect it will, and look and sound good doing it... it might even fly😉

The great state of Texas, between Jim and Brian they are certainly accounting for some nice ones down there 

The owner of the Allis with the allison engine told me the engine when flying uses 175 gallon an hour and the crankshaft and camshaft can go in either way when installing. the rolls royce was an aircraft engine and it had 650 hp thus the emblem on the side. i believe he told me both engines do not have an oil pan like most engines. the modified tractors are in northern Illinois. the other ones are some Texas tractors mostly 1456's    Jim 

• Like 2

I saw an Allison powered D21 at Half Century of Progress in 2015. They fired it up and that was really impressive sounding. Could have been that machine I suppose. I think Sheri from Heritage Iron had something to do with it??

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Can I blow haylage with that Hydro?!!!

Into the next county😁 All jokes aside, very impressive machinery and engineering🏆

5 hours ago, axial-flow said:

The owner of the Allis with the allison engine told me the engine when flying uses 175 gallon an hour and the crankshaft and camshaft can go in either way when installing. the rolls royce was an aircraft engine and it had 650 hp thus the emblem on the side. i believe he told me both engines do not have an oil pan like most engines. the modified tractors are in northern Illinois. the other ones are some Texas tractors mostly 1456's    Jim 

Nice pictures Jim ! 

Missed you at world Ag Expo .

i like the 1456 , is it the one you started several years back that needed a lot but you were working engine over?

thanks for pic's 

Tony