Lookimg for TD9 injectors for old 46 Adams Grader

I'm needing an injector for my old 46 TD9 WD9, UD9 will work. my No.3 cyl was frozen and looked like it had been that way for some time. If you know anyone that might have some parts yank on the ol' email chain and point me in that direction, Please.

Thanks Fat Dan

post-114211-0-20868300-1430260285.jpg

post-114211-0-35669300-1430263185.jpg

That it is the same one from a few years back. let me see if i can come up with a picture of the other parts.

And yes I'm going to need the cup and all.

on No.3 Inj.. there was a washer between #10 and #14 which messed up the flow and ... ! I had to take a 20 ton jack to break it lose the carbon plug was kinda bad.

Right now I'm in Arizona and 2700mi from home so I'm going to need the the whole injector and should probably get a set.. if you know any one I'm headed back to Alaska on the 7th so i would like to get at least a lead on something rebuildable while in the real world.

Thanks

post-114211-0-63995500-1430609546.jpg

found some more info but not quit there I think might able to find them easier if i had the IH part No. I do fond this much.

M311 Adames 1946e.jpg

post-114211-0-62498900-1431633153.jpg

post-114211-0-81313800-1430259658.jpg

I'm guessing you are somewhere south of 49th parallel right now ? Are you driving back to Alaska ? If you are, and taking the Alaska Highway, you will be passing very close to my area in Northern Alberta...  I know the local used farm parts place has an old WD9 that still had the engine, complete with head and injectors, when I was there last fall... I think it is quite likely still there... not sure what year it is, but I can check it out for you if you like ....

I had a brief look at the injectors then, and they are different than my TD9, which has the TDCBM 28501 and up style... so just maybe your style of injectors ??

Grant

Yes I will be driving that was in about a week er so.. Thank you so much for looking. and yes I'd like to see if they are like my injectors. I've put most of the pictures i have of the style injectors I have but let me look again

injector.jpg

injector2.jpg

post-114211-0-16425500-1431735297.jpg

post-114211-0-42134600-1430610092.jpg

Edited by Fat Dan
1 hour ago, Fat Dan said:

Yes I will be driving that was in about a week er so.. Thank you so much for looking. and yes I'd like to see if they are like my injectors. I've put most of the pictures i have of the style injectors I have but let me look again

injector.jpg

injector2.jpg

post-114211-0-16425500-1431735297.jpg

post-114211-0-42134600-1430610092.jpg

Will try to check that WD9 out tomorrow, I’m leaving for Mexico on Sunday for a couple weeks, so won't be around when you pass through..

If it turns out the injectors are still there, and are what you need, I will let ypu know, and we can make some arrangements for you to see them and get them if you choose to... I will also get a price for you .. 

Are you travelling back through Alberta or British Columbia ? Either way you will be passing relatively close to where they are..  very close if coming through Alberta.. 

Grant

Sounds great and I am going through BC. Shoot yeah, I can make a pit stop along the way. I drove from Cement, OK to Atoka, OK which is right at 145 miles one way just to get a tire for the ol' girl.

I was looking for a ribbed AG tire tread but this size is getting hard to find so I'll just run this more aggressive tread backwards until I can find the ribbed style. After all it just has to move snow out of the driveway now-a-days..

M311 Adames 1946c.jpg

tire01.jpg

tire02.jpg

post-114211-0-73424000-1421005920.jpg

When you get to Mile 0 of the Alaska Hwy at Dawson Creek, British Columbia, the location of the used farm parts place will be about 90 miles due east of you in Alberta.. 

I went and checked out that WD9 this morning, all 4 injectors are still intact, and I am pretty confident they are the same as what you need.. I took some pictures and you can confirm...

Price they quoted me is $50.00 Canadian (around $35.00 ?? US)  per injector, $160.00 Canadian if you take all four..

If you want one or all, they will remove it/them, and available for pick up, with just a phone call from me...

Let me know if you want some or all..

Thx,

GrantB929769F-9518-425A-9643-3818EDF55762.thumb.jpeg.62591b4d6530e0ce536b90e3cf6a30b8.jpegB929769F-9518-425A-9643-3818EDF55762.thumb.jpeg.62591b4d6530e0ce536b90e3cf6a30b8.jpeg

A9E8879D-C6FC-4277-A44D-8087A5BE6AD4.jpeg

9E606654-81FD-4D98-A840-4698A7C96C0C.jpeg

Great parts (little rust on the outside never hurt anybody) those will work fine. i'd like all of them if they can get them off. lots of penetrating oil and heat they should pop right out. I had to make a puller out of an old dent puller and heated just the head so the hole expanded and not the injector. but you probably knew that anyway.

hooking up my phone to redpowermag account because my computer will be offline

ok got it. 

How much for the whole head?

They assured me they would have no problem getting the injectors out....

I never asked them for a price on the entire head... I did for the entire motor... and they don't know if it is seized or not, but very good chance it is... the intake manifold has been previously removed....  they said $450.00 Canadian for the motor as is, no guarantees... you might be able to negotiate on that price... I can call for a price on the entire head if you want me to...

No that’s ok I’ll just stick with the injectors for now. The wife is going be hot enough by the time we get there :) . 

My map app already had 0 mi marked on AK Highway from the trip down. 

So I’ll let you know when I’m getting close because the wife wants to visit friends and family in WA and OR again before we head north. 

Ok, as mentioned I’m heading for Mexico in a couple days. will be there until March 25.... 

If you will be in Canada after that, I could meet you part way to Mile 0 from here, save you some time & miles...

Here is the name and contact info for the used farm parts place: 

Sexsmith Used Farm Parts

780-568-4100

Ask for Rod, he pretty much runs the show there, and is who I was talking to about these, and got the prices from ..

Do you want me to confirm with them that you will take the 4 injectors, or do you want to call them and make those arrangements ?? 

Well I’ve got doctors appointments in Anchorage the 26 of March so meeting you don’t look like it will work. 

So if you can call Rod get the ball a rolling for me and let him I want all 4 of the injectors @ $35. US ($140 US for all 4). 

Im not 100% sure when we will be pulling through the area cus it is my wife’s job to tell me where we are going and it is my job to tell her “yes dear!”

probably a week  to ten day most likely  

When I get to mile O AK Hwy. I’ll call him and let him know. 

1-907-

Fat Dan 

Edited by Fat Dan
Privacy

I let them know that you wanted all 4 injectors,  and that you would be coming through in a week or so...

I expect they will have the injectors out and ready for pickup... that was indicated..

I gave them your phone #..

Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00PM.... if Rod isn't in, ask for Levi, he is also up to speed on this..

Hope this works out for you  ..

Grant

Sounds great Grant, thanks for setting this up for me. I’ve got Rod’s number too and looked at his website. Sexsmith don’t show up too well on my map app but I’ll make do.  We left Cochise County Arizona and the temp was hitting 85-86F 30C and I was melting like the witch in Oz. 

Thanks so much Grant. I’ll see what I can do for a bird-dog fee for ya. 

No worries, glad to be able to help out.. safe travels .. was in your home area a few years back... maybe make it back there again one day and we can meet over a coffee ..

• Like 1

Drove through BC last week and took a slight right turn at Dawson Creek for 128km some 80 miles and stoped in at the Seasmith Farm Parts and grabbed  the injectors. 

Thankx for your help.  Be sure to stop by and get your bird-dog fee. 

76C006CB-F021-46E4-9B7B-0D969E77176C.jpeg

• 7 months later...