I am attempting to convert the AC in my 1066 deluxe cab to the 86 series condenser.  I have a hydro and it seems like the oil cooler is very large, I dont know if the hydro oil coolers are larger than the gear tractors, but it seems like they should.  Anyway, the 86 series condenser wont fit in enough to put the grill back on.  has anyone had to make any modifications to get the 86 series condenser to fit and still be able to get the grill back in?  any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I will look at my Hydro 186 today and try to get a pic.  The hydro 186 setup is what you need because it has the big hyd cooler and a special AC condenser to fit the space.  Both are special to the Hydro 186 and expensive (I have had to replace my condenser and it is leaking again).  Thx-Ace

14 minutes ago, acem said:

I will look at my Hydro 186 today and try to get a pic.  The hydro 186 setup is what you need because it has the big hyd cooler and a special AC condenser to fit the space.  Both are special to the Hydro 186 and expensive (I have had to replace my condenser and it is leaking again).  Thx-Ace

Thanks Ace!  Im anxious to hear what you find out!  what do you think is causing your leaks?

A Hydro trans oil cooler is much bigger than a gear drive I know because I swapped out the little gear drive cooler for a hydro cooler years ago and it made a world of difference on trans oil temp 

Here is a pic of the  ac, oil cooler, etc on my hydro 186. The oil cooler may be the same but the ac condenser is tall, wide and thin instead of short, wide and thick on other 86 tractors. I hope this helps!

My ac condenser has a slow Leake because I damaged it while brushoging this summer.

Thx-Ace

tmp_5224-20190228_153247328303540.jpg

14 hours ago, acem said:

Here is a pic of the  ac, oil cooler, etc on my hydro 186. The oil cooler may be the same but the ac condenser is tall, wide and thin instead of short, wide and thick on other 86 tractors. I hope this helps!

My ac condenser has a slow Leake because I damaged it while brushoging this summer.

Thx-Ace

That alot of stuff up front of the radiator and packed kinda tight it requires frequent cleaning also 

23 hours ago, acem said:

Thx-Ace

Thanks  Ace,  it helps to see a pic of everything fitted in there.