Sign in to follow this  
Atilathehun99

The Sunshine and Soft Kitten Paws Only Thread

23 hours ago, oldtanker said:

What? A RP "safe space"? 🤣🤣🤣

Rick

Damn, you found us🤣😁🤣

• Haha 2

This is my baby Dalley. Aka knuckle head.

She is a 1 year old mini Australian shepherd.  Her and I get along good since she is an early riser and loves being outside regardless of the weather conditions. She doesn’t listen to anyone. 

8C2E67F8-DEEA-4567-9048-ABB272C4810B.jpeg

• Like 7

A cool clear night by the creek listening to the water ripple and a small fire to cook on.      Ahhhhhh the younger days.

• Like 2

Sitting in a farm house, next to the stoked up stove, just relaxing doing nothing but listening to the blizzard howling outside. Tomorrow, cattle and hog chores are gonna be tough, but right at that moment there isn't anything better.   

Nothing more comforting than a warm fire on a cold night. 

And on Saturday night, pop some popcorn, get out the checker board, Dad turns on KMA and listens to Hank Williams, Roy Acuff, and a couple of local high school kids who call themselves the Everly Brothers. (a winter Saturday night in the 50's)   Those are experiences our kids will never have.

Nor did I ever experience what the wife's grandfather used to talk about.  Clear out the machine shed (that building still exists about 200 feet from where I'm sitting), lay planks on the dirt floor to dance on, set benches along the wall, tables across the end, wood stove on the other, families arrive in horse drawn sleighs, travel across the fields right over the snow drifted fences, in every family someone played an instrument, a fiddle, guitar, saxaphone etc., the women would brew coffee in a 5 gallon bucket, enough pot luck food to feed a small army, someone among the men  would bring a bottle, kids teasing each other.    A neighborhood winter dance.     What I wouldn't give just to have experienced that just one time.

Damn.  

• Like 7

On 2/28/2019 at 10:01 AM, acem said:

What time of year do you see the northern lights? How frequently can you see them in season? I have been up north in various seasons but never saw them? Thx-Ace

From the air on North Atlantic crossings you can see them any time of year except mid summer it really doesn't get dark enough when you're way north. The moon washes them out as well. We get a solar activity report. It's useful to know how the HF radios will work but also a good predictor of aurora activity. When the sun storms blast out lots of radiation the auroras show up. Other than checking that the HF works and getting a SELCAL check we don't use them anymore (thank god), it's all datalink communication now.

Childhood memories...

the sound of Dad`s leather belt being quickly pulled out of his belt loops...

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MTO said:

Childhood memories...

the sound of Dad`s leather belt being quickly pulled out of his belt loops...

And you enjoyed that Mark?  I presume that the belt was coming out to “encourage” your behavior.

1 hour ago, 1586 Jeff said:

And you enjoyed that Mark?  I presume that the belt was coming out to “encourage” your behavior.

was pulled out for my siblings

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, MTO said:

was pulled out for my siblings

Surrrrrrre Mark.  With as much time as you spend in the doghouse now you expect me to believe you??

• Haha 2

On 2/28/2019 at 2:10 PM, sandhiller said:

Sorry, that one's waiting for a straight six transplant. My boys drove 77 to 79 Ford's all through HS. Used to have quite a boneyard for parts. Only 4 parts pu's left. Getting thin.

Y??? A 360 fits so nicely!

5 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I guess I do have a '76 with a 360 in it, belonged to my FIL. This '77 will get the 300 I6 that came out of a '79 that was wrecked. Doubt I will even license it as it will probably never leave the ranch. Just run pastures, maybe cake with it. 

18 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Because a 300 6 absolutely will not die.....

• Like 3

On 3/1/2019 at 9:54 PM, dads706 said:

A neighborhood winter dance.     What I wouldn't give just to have experienced that just one time.

IIRC, that was called a "barn dance".  And - concur!

best, randy

Fresh plowed ground in the spring, housed tobacco in late summer/ early fall. The fumes of a old diesel just starting on a cold morning. The sound of the secondarys opening on a four barrel. The smell of a bottle of seven year Jim Bean right after you open it. Just to name a few

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 88power said:

Fresh plowed ground in the spring, housed tobacco in late summer/ early fall. The fumes of a old diesel just starting on a cold morning. The sound of the secondarys opening on a four barrel. The smell of a bottle of seven year Jim Bean right after you open it. Just to name a few

......an interesting  array of aroma's       ..88power........don't know the sound of secondarys opening  on a four barrel.......but on that 'note'......the smell of freshly burnt powder upon opening the breech of a double bbl  shotgun......

Mike

On 2/28/2019 at 11:46 AM, iowaboy1965 said:

I bet i could use some parts off that truck.......😁  my good days are wondering around where there are a lot of old cars, trucks, farm machinery from 70s on back.....

Just ran across this and thought you might be interested. I don't know anything about the guy or the parts, and I'm trying to stay away. I just pulled it up and my lovely bride yells from the kitchen "are you looking at old Ford parts again?" How do they know???😁

https://www.bigiron.com/Auctions/Mar_06_2019_10A?categories=Vehicles %3A Parts - Vehicles&filter=All

• Haha 3

Do you guys understand that in some parts of the world both dog and cat (4 legged type) is considered a delicacy? 

Rick

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Do you guys understand that in some parts of the world both dog and cat (4 legged type) is considered a delicacy? 

Rick

And my big gray dog has the ability to return the favor should one of "them" show up on my doorstep. However he has the temperament and good sense to just run them off. There OT, I bit but I'm a spittin' out the hook!😃😂🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Just ran across this and thought you might be interested. I don't know anything about the guy or the parts, and I'm trying to stay away. I just pulled it up and my lovely bride yells from the kitchen "are you looking at old Ford parts again?" How do they know???😁

https://www.bigiron.com/Auctions/Mar_06_2019_10A?categories=Vehicles %3A Parts - Vehicles&filter=All

Man that guy has some stuff.....who buys 11 engines at a time tho? Those pickup parts got me to daydreaming for sure. I was teasn you about parts from your truck as i dont have anything 73-79 right now cept 1 parts truck myself. Was daydreaming about tracking down my old 79 f350 4x4 i sold about 10 years ago. Saw a few 79 250s online that were tempting too. 

What im really looking for, but but not all that seriously is either a 67-72 doaner body for the 70 i got a while back or a decent 99-02 reg cab, 8' box 4x4 with a 7.3. Either one of those would be my sunshine and kitten paws for the time being. 😁

Somebody, 88 power maybe gave me a number to check on sum parts for the 70 and i should follow up.

• Like 1