Sign in to follow this  
Atilathehun99

The Sunshine and Soft Kitten Paws Only Thread

Have you ever went outside when the snow was falling and looked at snowflakes under a magnifying glass?

Each one is different but as beautiful as the next.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

A little puppy toddling up to lick your face is hard to beat!

Be better if it was Charlize Theron

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

…..

4 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Be better if it was Charlize Theron

Vtf, this is a feel good thread and completely G-rated.  Your comment has crossed the line into PG land.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plowing snow with an open station/BIG flakes falling straight down/31 degrees/no breeze and moonlight.

7 minutes ago, MTO said:

Plowing snow with an open station/BIG flakes falling straight down/31 degrees/no breeze and moonlight.

and knowing when you're done there will be hot apple cider and cranberry scones waiting for you by the fire.

• Like 2

hot coffee or cocoa, sitting on the deck, snow falling, no wind, and......the northern lights.   If you have never seen them, trust me, they are magical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dads706 said:

hot coffee or cocoa, sitting on the deck, snow falling, no wind, and......the northern lights.   If you have never seen them, trust me, they are magical.

Ain't that the truth night calving 45 miles south of Canada you get to see them often...

• Like 1

That is one of the most peaceful times. Walking in from cows and if you can spot northern lights . I always like to look at the constellations in the night sky. Another favorite on a dark clear night is to count airplanes you can see lights of.The snowflake part try to catch on on your tongue.

Besides the northern lights, the other thing I miss is sitting out on a calm, quiet, and COLD night and listen to the pine trees explode in the timber.   I do like snow and cold.        But I like Montana snow and cold a whole lot more than Iowa snow and cold.

• Haha 1

Out on a cold night, over watching the landscape, watching the stars, then dropping down through the hatch to use the thermal imaging sight to watch for enemy activity! Those are the cold winter nights I miss the most!

Rick

• Thanks 1

Not so much a fan of snow but on the warmer days i enjoy stopping to smell the roses(and whatever is blooming).

Screenshot_20180520-124705.jpg

Screenshot_20180615-195748.jpg

20180519_143601.jpg

Screenshot_20180601-150850.jpg

Screenshot_20180411-175554.png

• Like 3

Took these pics of the northern lights a year ago last fall. Brightest I’ve ever seen them in the sky. iPhone at night through a dirty combine window doesn’t really do them justice. Should really have stoped and got some good video and pictures but you know how it is at harvest time. 

5320F63A-399C-4C90-9C62-709964C5C25C.jpeg

CD354D5F-F03C-47B8-99C0-394555F022AD.jpeg

• Like 5

HMMM? Soft Kitten Paws? Bet they would make a soft warm necklace for the wife. Wonder how many Soft Kitten Paws it would take?

No guys, I ain't gonna hurt no kittens. But if he can troll so can I.

Rick

• Haha 3

1C6BAF93-1543-4B08-8C32-10E57F10B9AE.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Uh Seth,

That is NOT Charlize.......

Might be. Don't know his dogs name........

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Uh Seth,

That is NOT Charlize.......

I was moving on from Charlize, although they are both blonde, and being from NNY I can see your confusion. after my wrist slapping earlier I was trying to stay focused on the thread content. 

• Haha 1

It doesn’t get much more cuddly than this 

A3717315-A22F-4041-80FE-C442FBB8571D.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dads706 said:

It's been my privilege to get a birds eye view during most night North Atlantic crossings. Lots of different shapes and colors but once, just once, we were inside a totally red aurora. It was eerie. Most traffic on the most northern tracks was also in. That was the days before datalink communications, just HF radio and it was totally useless due to the solar activity that caused the aurora. VHF radio worked and there was lots of chatter between us but no communication with Gander or Shanwick radio. Not being able to make a position report I finally used the SAT phone to call Gander Center and they told me they had doubled the spacing on the routes in the north and re-routed some traffic to the south. Some BA pilot had the reason the aurora was red, something about wavelengths.

Days before cell phone cameras so I didn't get a picture. I've seen different colors before but never been inside a totally red one before or since. It was way cool.

53 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I was moving on from Charlize, although they are both blonde, and being from NNY I can see your confusion. after my wrist slapping earlier I was trying to stay focused on the thread content. 

Phewww!!

For a minute I thought that your eyesight was off.

Then again, that would explain some of the “cow tipping” that you did in Tupper during college!!

Did you have photorefractive keratectomy after Smitties?

41 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

It doesn’t get much more cuddly than this 

A3717315-A22F-4041-80FE-C442FBB8571D.jpeg

I don’t know.  Sam looks quite content with Barley curled up on top of him!

5EEDDBDB-2274-48C7-A4D5-CF5C2ED8FE07.jpeg

• Like 2