Ark Encounter in Kentucky

1 hour ago, Indy Farmer said:

Who or where in the science community is stating that life came from nothing? Your inability to understand science doesn't disprove it's existence.

And your inability to understand blind faith doesn’t disprove God either.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted this topic because I wanted to share to those who didn`t know about this GRAND undertaking of building this beautiful ark. It is certainly an act that took great ambition/funding/plannin

Sorry,  Not big enough and that never happened. Good story for children though.

Guy I work with went to it last fall. Said it was pretty amazing. Ever notice how it's the same few people that ruin a thread. I don't agree with everything on this forum. But I refrain from posting o

Posted Images

Wow...  So much for no religion discussions.  I have prayed for those of you who don't believe.  The gospel is the only thing that can ultimately bring peace and unity.  I believe, and truly hope to meet each one of you when my faith becomes sight.  We all are only here for a little while.  Christ did not come to judge, but to love and to heal the broken.  This world sure has enough brokenness.  If any doubters who don't think the word of God can be true have an open mind and want to see how science and the bible line up, watch "is genesis truth" on Netflix.  Del tackett meets with real scientists and shows how science backs up the biblical account.  Either way, to all of my fellow rp peeps, peace.  May your tractors always be red.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

Wow...  So much for no religion discussions.  I have prayed for those of you who don't believe.  The gospel is the only thing that can ultimately bring peace and unity.  I believe, and truly hope to meet each one of you when my faith becomes sight.  We all are only here for a little while.  Christ did not come to judge, but to love and to heal the broken.  This world sure has enough brokenness.  If any doubters who don't think the word of God can be true have an open mind and want to see how science and the bible line up, watch "is genesis truth" on Netflix.  Del tackett meets with real scientists and shows how science backs up the biblical account.  Either way, to all of my fellow rp peeps, peace.  May your tractors always be red.

I’ll second this and say no more.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Farmall Doctor said:

That goes both ways, bud. You know, Atheists are not your enemy. It's other religions who actually want to kill you are the real enemy.

Ok,  "Bud",   where did you get the impression that I was some religious fanatic......I've not been in a church for anything but a funeral or a wedding in 40 years.  

My parents were Quakers and I went to church as a kid with them,  since then many would say I strayed.   I try and live by the golden rule,  and a  "live and let live attitude". ....that is it.

This original thread asked if anyone had been to the ark.  I had so I answered.

I read several pages and found very few had been to the ark,   but I also noticed that it had brought every non-believer out of the closet to voice an opinion.

The post didn't ask "Do you believe in God" it asked about the ark.

So, Ok, Son,  thanks for proving my point,  and try not to chip a tooth with the bone you have stuck in your mouth.

You are reading way too far into what I said, and with your back up. Allow me to expand now that it's 5:00. My point was that you say that atheists are the most vocal and won't let it go, but if you count all of the posts here, I am sure you will see that the believers are trying to prove their point just as much as the non-believers. THAT was my point by saying "it goes both ways". Sorry if I should have spelled it out this way the first time, but I didn't want to get long winded. Sorry if you are offended by "Bud".. In these parts we all call each other Bud. It's no different than Pal, or Chum.

Been thinking on this a little more....

So two animals of the world on the Ark?  When this event took place (supposedly) the known extent of the world was largely the Mideast and short surrounding area as we know it today.

So how did the animals as we know them today from lands beyond Noah's understanding have been included on the Ark and then after the flood distributed back to where they exist today?

Examples - fauna from Australia - Kiwi Land that have no record of living anywhere else.  And this whole thing of "it only takes one cow, wolf, etc" on the Ark to later re-produce entire sub-species is a BIG stretch.

And the most laughable is the tour guides at "Arkland" explaining everything down to how the waste was managed.  Sounds to me like an extreme example of given a tidbit of the Bibles's words then concocted to validate them. 

• Like 2

There is no way the breeds came from 2 animals. Same people its a fact that all species came from a primordial soup.

Makes perfect sense...i know I said I wasn't going to get involved but...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been kicking around the idea of taking a Sunday School field trip to the Ark. I know a few people that have been there and thought it was awesome. 

I'm thankful for God, the church I attend, and the Sunday school class my dad and I attend together!

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Been thinking on this a little more....

So two animals of the world on the Ark?  When this event took place (supposedly) the known extent of the world was largely the Mideast and short surrounding area as we know it today.

So how did the animals as we know them today from lands beyond Noah's understanding have been included on the Ark and then after the flood distributed back to where they exist today?

Examples - fauna from Australia - Kiwi Land that have no record of living anywhere else.  And this whole thing of "it only takes one cow, wolf, etc" on the Ark to later re-produce entire sub-species is a BIG stretch.

And the most laughable is the tour guides at "Arkland" explaining everything down to how the waste was managed.  Sounds to me like an extreme example of given a tidbit of the Bibles's words then concocted to validate them. 

.....good thinking there, Atila.!! re the animals   etc......imagine the quartermaster would be at wits end trying to feed those critters for a month  or so............imagine the  ''meat eaters'  would be eyeing up the 'leaf eaters' after a few days.....guess the Captain   (Noah) would have had an E.P.A. rep on  board for  "waste management "  issues.......

Great story when you are 8 years old......happy elephants and giraffes , lions etc ...mingling together..not a care in the world....but as one grows up a little...oh boy.....what impossible  nonsense.....:D

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

And this whole thing of "it only takes one cow, wolf, etc" on the Ark to later re-produce entire sub-species is a BIG stretch.

Just as big a stretch as all of our domesticated dog breeds coming from wild wolves.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

Just as big a stretch as all of our domesticated dog breeds coming from wild wolves.

You serious? Wow.

People say our public schools are failing our kids these days... seems pretty obvious that it's been happening for a while now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

OK according to the internet there are 8.7 million species. So lets take off 2.7 million for the fish and bring that number down to 6 million (scientist claim that the oceans and waters of earth contain about 1.98 million species of animals AND PLANTS) . Now get rid of all the close relatives. So as a guess we bring that down to 500,000. Times 2, one male and one female. We are now back up to 1 million animals. Think that boat is big enough for 1 million animals?

And so you got rid of all the excess. It rains those 40 days and 40 nights. The water disappears, the arc touches down and evolution begins? Wait? What? Well take the ape family. Remember we only allowed 2 aboard. Well now they have to mate and some of the offspring have to evolve to have the 23 species of apes we have today (not including sub species). And all this evolution is going on over and over, the K9 family, bovine, cat......But wait, that can't happen! Evolution is science fiction! So now we are back up to 6 million non aquatic species to get on the boat......times 2. 

Rick 

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

OK according to the internet there are 8.7 million species. So lets take off 2.7 million for the fish and bring that number down to 6 million (scientist claim that the oceans and waters of earth contain about 1.98 million species of animals AND PLANTS) . Now get rid of all the close relatives. So as a guess we bring that down to 500,000. Times 2, one male and one female. We are now back up to 1 million animals. Think that boat is big enough for 1 million animals?

And so you got rid of all the excess. It rains those 40 days and 40 nights. The water disappears, the arc touches down and evolution begins? Wait? What? Well take the ape family. Remember we only allowed 2 aboard. Well now they have to mate and some of the offspring have to evolve to have the 23 species of apes we have today (not including sub species). And all this evolution is going on over and over, the K9 family, bovine, cat......But wait, that can't happen! Evolution is science fiction! So now we are back up to 6 million non aquatic species to get on the boat......times 2. 

Rick 

It's so much easier to ignore all that and say "god" did it, because he's all powerful and knows what's best for us.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Orchard6 said:

And your inability to understand blind faith doesn’t disprove God either.

This is a true statement. But,

I dont think you can disprove God with science, but you surely can disprove attempts to prove God with science by using scientific methods.

The scientific community doesnt look to destroy belief directly, but you have to understand that that is exactly how scientific theories are proven out!  When Einstein came up with curved space no one set out to conduct experiments to PROVE that it was true,  everyone set out to conduct experiments to rip it down... Because thats the path of least resistance.

Scientists want there to be deep meaning of life too, but, sometimes the actions they take and how they participate can be thought of by "faith believers" as being destructive and not helpful.  Thats just how scientists get to the bottom of truth... Rip it all down, and what you can not argue against becomes more and more proven as time goes on.  Strength comes from trial not from belief.  A good scientist leans on theories only as long as they are supported.  And in an instant is prepared to cast them off....

If someone told you that I could fly I wouldnt expect you set out to prove I could do it,  I would expect you to try and disprove that.  

Its ok if you believe them when they say I can fly, until some information arises that sort of proves that that is not possible.

However,  maybe what they REALLY meant when they told you I could fly is that not ... Literally i can flap my arms and fly like a bird in the sky, but, maybe I ran and jumped over a ditch and appeared to fly, or swung on a rope, or jumped off a cliff into a pool of water and for a moment,  a particular frame of reference,  I was to them... flying.

Its a difficult topic to discuss on this platform without offending anyone....   really wish there was a way to participate on issues like this in groups with different ideas and beliefs and try to get a better sense of understanding about my fellow man.

• Thanks 1
On 2/27/2019 at 11:16 AM, oldtanker said:

Mark, normally I try to stay out of stuff like this. 

😂😂😂. This quote belongs in the joke thread. 

Rolling on the floor laughing, hoping I didn’t pee in my pants, at the thought of Rick staying out of something!!

• Haha 8
1 minute ago, ihrondiesel said:

😂😂😂. This quote belongs in the joke thread. 

Rolling on the floor laughing, hoping I didn’t pee in my pants, at the thought of Rick staying out of something!!

Naw, the religion things.

Rick

21 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Naw, the religion things.

Rick

Began by me asking if anyone had been to see it. Period.

And btw, are any of you guys Boy Scout leaders?

• Haha 1