Anyone search for antlers?

10 hours ago, bitty said:

Looks like it could be a 6080 pumpkin axle? 

7010. I wouldn't turn down a 6080.

We bought a new 6080 in '81 from C J Wonsidler in Quakertown

1 hour ago, exSW said:

7010. I wouldn't turn down a 6080.

We then got a used 7020 and 7060 in '87 when we bought a new 8050 MFD

• Like 1

Saw a buck with a herd of does this past weekend at the farm and he still had his attached! 

I've never found any but I haven't really ever hunted them either.  I need to make time and just go look.  Take the kids too maybe and we could all get some exercise! 

1 hour ago, B.B. said:

Saw a buck with a herd of does this past weekend at the farm and he still had his attached! 

I've never found any but I haven't really ever hunted them either.  I need to make time and just go look.  Take the kids too maybe and we could all get some exercise! 

Check where trails cross fencerows. The landing after jumping the fence knocks them loose. Check bedding areas where the stand up, stretch, and shake their heads (antler falls off). Around here we look under hedge trees, south side of terraces, trails crossing obstacles like fences, logs etc. Sometimes they are just randonly scattered where they find farm tires. They seem to be good at finding NEW tires....

• 2 weeks later...

Today’s haul. One is pretty nice. Looked high and low for the match but never found it. 

41CBBA01-958B-4C88-B3A5-8DC66A41E10E.jpeg

F41390CE-111A-443D-99B7-AAA4169DBD52.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

Today’s haul. One is REALLY nice. Looked high and low for the match but never found it. 

41CBBA01-958B-4C88-B3A5-8DC66A41E10E.jpeg

F41390CE-111A-443D-99B7-AAA4169DBD52.jpeg

I fixed the wording for you Todd

;)

• Thanks 1

You can even see the arm of my NOS upland hunting coat I wear to bust brush. The tag says 1978 and I came across it at a sale a couple years ago for cheap. I put antlers in the game pouch. It’s ugly but it works great for briars. 

On 2/24/2019 at 9:40 PM, bitty said:

I like to go out shed hunting, a close second to actually hunting. I am fairly embarrassed with what I have to show though. I did go out early once this spring as they seemed to drop earlier because of some weather factors . This one is a find from this spring when I caught a sapling with the wheel loader and it was entangled in the roots when I drug it out. 

Neighbor shot this buck last week of the season. I had seen him in archery. My boy had hit him a year ago and he survived. This is a year old shed

He had what is called a reverse pedical . He shed when the neighbor tried to pick it up after shooting it. 

Third pic is of the buck harvested 

IMG_20190224_213312293.jpg

IMG_20190224_214107740.jpg

IMG_20181129_175934532.jpg

I think the porcupines beat us to them! I usually take a walk through the woods once the snow melts and i havent found one in a couple years in the woods out in the middle of the field when doin tillage i will but hardly anything ever among the trees or near them! 

2 hours ago, Gleaner k2 said:

I think the porcupines beat us to them! I usually take a walk through the woods once the snow melts and i havent found one in a couple years in the woods out in the middle of the field when doin tillage i will but hardly anything ever among the trees or near them! 

That’s probably right. Around here it is squirrels and mice (don’t have porcupines) They chew on the antlers to sharpen their teeth.  

The smaller ones are much harder to see

Some times dumb luck wins out. The smaller ones are harder to spot for sure. The larger ones are still more fun. That makes 19 sides so far this year which is the most we have ever found. (That’s my brother and I looking). I was by myself for this one. Hard to carry but I managed....

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, new guy said:

20190321_163525.jpg

Wow that one "wood" be a good bit bigger than the one I found last weekend ......

IMG_20190328_040241275.jpg

• Like 1

CD469520-4386-46CE-AB01-AA46A1006D92.thumb.jpeg.848362d65c4ea8cff9bea9f3ee663045.jpegFound my first for the year, just a little fella. 

• Like 2