Jump to content

Red Binder back on restoration jacks


Recommended Posts

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 8:58 AM, exSW said:

You have to be itching to drive it by now!

  Yes, I am itching to have it done and parked in my garage and be able to enjoy it .

     Tony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3/30/20 

took a peek today keeping our social distance. 
we got a non running roller. 
they are down to wires, installing A/C, shifter , column and steering wheel , 

fuel tank in with fill in bed.

tony 

97BBEBCB-6699-4E05-A7AE-1A6B35D19BCD.jpeg

0610416E-BB1E-4FEC-9D64-AFC3449F8EC0.jpeg

1249AF4E-8E46-4195-9538-1F05727301C0.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Magnificent,  Tony!   I will raise a glass of your favorite spirit in tribute.  ?

Thank You ,

  Hopefully ,we can toast at RPRU in June.

    Tony 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Thank You ,

  Hopefully ,we can toast at RPRU in June.

    Tony 

AMEN.  I hope that all of our Red Power brothers will survive this pandemic and we can celebrate at Huron.  Keep Praying,  everyone. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Peeked again today 4/15/20 

she is running they were bleeding brakes second time 

tomorrow it scheduled to be hauled to alignment shop then be driven to find the flaws .I know these pics don’t show a lot because it’s all the little stuff being done

but when I am there I can see the progress but not same on camera
BTW she is up on jack stands 

 

tony

E25F0262-CB9F-4F08-AA55-92EF48C34F8C.jpeg

2D311748-C269-400F-ABE1-EB0FADFB96B7.jpeg

EC19CCA0-9D0D-4F71-8E1B-4772F4B7FE05.jpeg

31E45EAE-26E8-444B-B460-B7847F5CFA60.jpeg

A4740D4F-AADE-42A1-8317-1F8CF30359FC.jpeg

9071DD32-D0C9-49D9-B963-2FE76BDBDDFF.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, exSW said:

Need something to protect the bed for when you make an "essential" parts,seed,fertilizer run.

Think a Combo Fuel tank /Tool box across the back might help . lol.

    Tony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, nate said:

You are going to be the coolest fella on the west coast in that!!

Don't know about coolest but "the poorest" might be more accurate .

Tony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

Think a Combo Fuel tank /Tool box across the back might help . lol.

    Tony

Plausible deniability. I used to drive my dawn to dusk tagged Farm dump to work. Always wondered how I'd explain "farm business" coming home at 3:00AM!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tony,

Just checked in to see how you and the truck are doing! Its AWESOME! Thanks for bringing us up to date and posting the pictures of the little red binder!

 Regards,

Chris

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4/21/20 

saw her drive back to shop from alignment shop !

She is running and driving !

he needs few adjustments and exhaust leak  then to upholstery for carpet and shifter boot.

tony 

1A460956-D8D3-4682-A371-B453250B15B6.jpeg

2186A4C9-99CE-4230-9DA5-D93FF07B268D.jpeg

F7E65366-92A7-4DD1-985F-2C6D45B35E57.jpeg

D49A12D3-654B-411B-A2F8-8970894201D7.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Badass !!!!!!    Love it

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

    4/30/20.  Well, I guess it’s a good sign !
I was asked to take the enclosed trailer home , it was not needed anymore at the shop , as they were using it to keep my parts in it during the restoration .

picture here is what I had planned to transport  truck in, to Red Power round up in June.

i had purchased my new GMC swr 3500 in late January to haul my tractors to all the shows planned for this year along with the Red truck to S/D.
managed one show in Feb . ,World Ag Expo. 
Our show CAFES , Santa Margarita , two car shows , and RPRU all canceled , I could have waited on new truck . Lol

I have a picture of fuel filler inlet on bed of the Red Truck , we moved tank from behind seat in cab to between rails rear of truck .

Rod wants to put around 150 miles on truck shaking out all problems , then to upholstery shop ,then back to him for wax and detail.

Tony 

D80182DA-FA9D-4A86-A7D8-4495911B8A12.jpeg

F926F52E-D9EB-4F08-8E19-7B235AE85B53.jpeg

61FB8EF0-5D89-4FB9-98C4-14519466D583.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pickup is turning out to be fantastic Tony. And what makes it special is that it isn't a typical Ford or Chevy but something kind of rare in the world of "hot rods"....a lnternational. But this whole thing is kind of bittersweet. Ever since l've known you (10 years..?) you've had some kind of  project going. When we first became acquainted, you was working on the SMTA LP. Then the 560. the tumble bug plow, the MM and the 806 LP. When you finally finish the pickup and the 3-wire baler, it will seem a bit empty here without having one of your projects to read about and watch the progress of being restored. `

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Twostepn , 

you have been a dear friend since I have been on RedPower Forum .

YOU and John A Are the reason I have the 806 LP . 
thank you so much for the kind words .

No , Twostepn , I don’t think I’ll ever be done , at least till the Lord tells me no more projects.

if I ever finish this# 71 baler ! I have a #55  that needs a little TLC . And I have work I want to do to the 1456 . And do you remember the 1966 IH flat bed my blacksmith’s old truck , more on that one later .

i really have no other hobbies or interests other then family and my 20 ac orchard , it’s these projects that keep me going.

tony 

4 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

The pickup is turning out to be fantastic Tony. And what makes it special is that it isn't a typical Ford or Chevy but something kind of rare in the world of "hot rods"....a lnternational. But this whole thing is kind of bittersweet. Ever since l've known you (10 years..?) you've had some kind of  project going. When we first became acquainted, you was working on the SMTA LP. Then the 560. the tumble bug plow, the MM and the 806 LP. When you finally finish the pickup and the 3-wire baler, it will seem a bit empty here without having one of your projects to read about and watch the progress of being restored. `

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

f I ever finish this# 71 baler ! I have a #55  that needs a little TLC . And I have work I want to do to the 1456 . And do you remember the 1966 IH flat bed my blacksmith’s old truck , more on that one later .

Yeah Tony l had forgotten about that blacksmith truck. And you how l am......anything with a propane tank on it get excited about.....lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, exSW said:

Plausible deniability. I used to drive my dawn to dusk tagged Farm dump to work. Always wondered how I'd explain "farm business" coming home at 3:00AM!

Well, you obviously went to that job to underwrite your farming enterprise. Couldn't farm without having a job to pay for it!

At least, this is what I'm told by farmers...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...