Jump to content

Red Binder back on restoration jacks


Recommended Posts

On June 23, 2019 at 3:49 PM, Old-F20 said:

Once again i think your builder is dropping the ball. Just about any chassis company that makes mustang II front ends make generic fit crossmembers for oddball vehicles. Of course they dont specifically make one for your truck and they'll give you some song and dance about how hard its gonna be when they make a front end that will fit with minimal fab work. Shoulda sent that truck to central Iowa and it would've been finished by now for less money..........lol

Next time I'll take you up on that . 

However , logistics may eat up all the savings . 

Thanks for the offer.

tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DONE AT CUSTOM CONCEPTS ! its headed to upholstery shop ! one of Robs guys shinning bumper and Rob touched any small paint nicks on engine. it will be covered at upholstery because probabl

Nice quiet Saturday in January , warm and dry .  took the Red Kid out for little  leg stretch . she’s doing well . they are planning a car show ,local in Feb .  keeping figures crossed i

6/4/20  Upholstery is done !! re upholstered the rug because other got damaged during all the changes  .  the seat was redone because I was not satisfied with previous pattern. it now

Posted Images

Although from seeing Robs shop I am very surprised he didnt just grab a welder and make something up.  He def has the skills and equip I would think.  You will love AM.  They are 3 h south of here so see their stuff quite abit.  Always 1st class.  On Goodguys web site they did a feature show thing on them.  Local guy (Bobs JD buddy) had them do a chassis for a Falcon.  Its pretty as car.  Never hear a neg thing about them.  Do you regret not doing it in the 1st place or really hadnt planned on going this far? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, TroyDairy said:

Although from seeing Robs shop I am very surprised he didnt just grab a welder and make something up.  He def has the skills and equip I would think.  You will love AM.  They are 3 h south of here so see their stuff quite abit.  Always 1st class.  On Goodguys web site they did a feature show thing on them.  Local guy (Bobs JD buddy) had them do a chassis for a Falcon.  Its pretty as car.  Never hear a neg thing about them.  Do you regret not doing it in the 1st place or really hadnt planned on going this far? 

I was trying to leave it as original as possible.  Not realizing with replacing six with the 345, Lowering , and wide rims , that it would make it very difficult to turn and the radius to turn was gigantic.

        Power steering became a must and while there lets go with stronger suspension and disk brakes.

      Its my fault because I was focused on it being torsion bar suspension and wanting to leave as original as possible.

     With the rebuilt 345, good suspension, disk brakes, and we are installing a automatic tranny , it should cruise highway about like a new truck.

   My flat bed 's four speed is needing rebuild , so this four speed is rebuilt so it goes to the flat bed and the auto in its place . Both are 66's  this a 1000A and flat bed a 1200 with 304 on propane.

   Tony

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

I was trying to leave it as original as possible.  Not realizing with replacing six with the 345, Lowering , and wide rims , that it would make it very difficult to turn and the radius to turn was gigantic.

        Power steering became a must and while there lets go with stronger suspension and disk brakes.

      Its my fault because I was focused on it being torsion bar suspension and wanting to leave as original as possible.

     With the rebuilt 345, good suspension, disk brakes, and we are installing a automatic tranny , it should cruise highway about like a new truck.

   My flat bed 's four speed is needing rebuild , so this four speed is rebuilt so it goes to the flat bed and the auto in its place . Both are 66's  this a 1000A and flat bed a 1200 with 304 on propane.

   Tony

Never done i guess!  A A/T will be nice.  I kinda wondered that when we seen it.  4sp is nice for original factor but for what you wanna do (drive to huron ?) be alot nicer with a auto.  We just think how nice a sale bill Carol will have now someday....???

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still a winner. Different. I went to a car show last night. Just a local by the River every Monday night gtg. Still probably 2-300 cars and trucks there. If I saw one Ididit steering column I saw thirty. The standouts were cool. A LaSalle,Corvair Monza, some WOMEN DROVE a forties quarter midget, notchback Barracuda, a couple original drop axle gassers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:49 AM, TroyDairy said:

Never done i guess!  A A/T will be nice.  I kinda wondered that when we seen it.  4sp is nice for original factor but for what you wanna do (drive to huron ?) be alot nicer with a auto.  We just think how nice a sale bill Carol will have now someday....???

Remember , You have been issued bidder card # 1.   You'll need to come help the widow with her convalescent home money .:lol::wub:

   Tony

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 29, 2019 at 4:49 AM, TroyDairy said:

Never done i guess!  A A/T will be nice.  I kinda wondered that when we seen it.  4sp is nice for original factor but for what you wanna do (drive to huron ?) be alot nicer with a auto.  We just think how nice a sale bill Carol will have now someday....???

The wife's of guys that have restored cars say , "It's a money pit , it never done "!

their hubbies just stand there with a sh$t eating grin and say nothing . Lol

tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

The wife's of guys that have restored cars say , "It's a money pit , it never done "!

their hubbies just stand there with a sh$t eating grin and say nothing . Lol

tony

But don't you dare mention hair,makeup,nails,shoes,etc etc etc....

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony,

Your mods will make it a even better ride for you. I have sunk my small fortune into orange tractors lately. At least that's what the wife says!:) They are my 55/56 Ford Victoria car. I can take them and play in the dirt too! I think your doing great. Really like the pictures and documentation on your very nice IH truck!

Regards,

 Chris

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, exSW said:
  1. Don't scrap that stuff.Please.

 I do not plan to !

          I am little queasy watching this process .  So much measuring ,tacking ,and more measuring .and making of clean looking reinforcements.

        Once engine is back in I'll breath easier .

        Tony

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

9/9/19 

Clip is in frame is reinforced rack & pinion unit is mounted  and now the  automatic is being mocked up for installation behind the IH 345 engine.

tony

A86B4747-6079-4505-9C05-A4101867C65B.jpeg

CFE55672-0B5A-459D-A739-53ABCA1A21E5.jpeg

9550D9B8-1A71-4986-8EC8-9D50E78B2444.jpeg

719E5DBB-A6A1-4BBD-9D4A-49B176437E83.jpeg

030C9DE0-4E11-4270-948D-F7A823567F6E.jpeg

5D0FF807-1910-48E7-A437-348B34F3D28F.jpeg

D062B48D-5C01-478A-BFC7-882A2EAFD5C5.jpeg

92619DA3-7F0C-484A-915B-A00C5925BF75.jpeg

18B22CFB-322E-4269-9478-A38E8193E2F0.jpeg

3E6BA6C8-581E-47F9-89DD-11E9439F3CF8.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

 Slowing down again ,

     spending more time on engineering and measuring then welding. lol

      The clip is in . Now for new motor mounts and Auto trans placement

       Tony

F354B84C-912E-40DF-975A-729218DD217B.jpeg

8229F8CC-6B35-4AE7-A631-2F8F4B6C83B9.jpeg

A5189FB0-136E-488C-BB33-B9FFD6284560.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

9/25/19

bed removed redoing rear end to include disk brakes. Will be redoing drive line to accommodate Auto tran.

engine being lifted into place to make motor mounts.

few pics

D5EEBB74-7411-4FD0-BB00-5F74DA760E13.jpeg

5126852D-5ED2-408B-A9DD-9CC45AD8E1D1.jpeg

71294E8A-7396-42AE-93DF-D5EB1DAE3E18.jpeg

0BCE65B2-0061-4CED-A674-FDAF3314CD76.jpeg

1402D8CE-C420-4674-826F-3010106AD3A5.jpeg

252F55CF-BEAC-4BA3-8E23-CAEFB1635761.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, metamora farmall said:

Tony I know you guys built the subframe. But what suspension system did you go with?

   Let me confirm that with Rob , Next time I see him.  I just not sure.

     Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 11:05 PM, metamora farmall said:

Tony I know you guys built the subframe. But what suspension system did you go with?

It’s a Art Morrison enterprises suspension

tailored to this vehicle using the measurements of this build 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9/30/19 

auto tran adapted to engine , they are in place so to build motor and trans mounts

had to change oil pan on the 345 to adapt to this clip 

rear end being hung on . 

We had a new Currie rear end made to accept wildwood disk brakes to match front disk brakes and pair it to tranny

tony

87CD3A8E-A00C-45D8-9974-5C6126DC6462.jpeg

1A649541-3495-4F5F-8DEA-D46785612CC7.jpeg

2E274B78-40DC-4978-87D7-66D2F9D4C56C.jpeg

B6F12D91-70E4-4172-A3A7-A13AD2DB3294.jpeg

E39E239E-965C-4C8F-8CE7-9C0F8ED4FA2D.jpeg

9F3A8ABC-B025-4B57-8A80-432B9AB41C73.jpeg

346A6E6B-70FD-45E4-9CD5-93DBC0AC6AE2.jpeg

6F50AB97-647C-494A-B0C8-E830A80BA783.jpeg

EB4ACC31-DCF3-4632-BB31-CCB4EA55EB9D.jpeg

6FBA952E-F9E0-4374-883C-627BCFC27EBF.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...