Tonyinca

Red Binder back on restoration jacks

Lot of you followed my restoration of the 1966 1000A 1/2 ton pu. On here , finished about November of 17.

Took us three years

well IH torsion suspension lowered with wide tire are great on hiway but this old guy had **** of time turning it in tight spots.

so decided to go after rack & pinion power steering and front disk brakes. 

Not sure yet what exactly we have to work with but leaning to a GM clip , if we can't make it work Nicely with IH parts.

Few pic s of the starting project!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Pretty IH pieces , Tony!ūüėā

• Thanks 1

With all the street rods and customs around, I would think there is surely a clean way to retrofit your setup somewhere. 

• Like 1

Crown Vic Police  Interceptor front end...?

• Like 3

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. As per most projects, they're never really finished!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

With all the street rods and customs around, I would think there is surely a clean way to retrofit your setup somewhere. 

You would think so ! 

Most everything is for Ford , Chevy , some dodge . 

We basically have to build or manufacture and new parts and old parts are pretty scarce. 

Here is the thing in this case. 

#1 powers steering 

#2 not crazy with brakes on Hiway being it now goes faster then 50 mph . 

#3 I had a jack come off crossmember and creased pan causing a front seal leak

So , might as well go for it all at once and do the most efficient & expedient.

tony

• Like 1

Very sharp truck! I love excellence in work! 

Just one question.... how'd you get that engine/trans out of the hole and not take the gear shift off?¬†ūüėú

• Thanks 1

Tony see if they make a hydra boost brake system for it.  I put that on my 1979 f250 and that bugger stops on a dime.  I put disc brakes all the way around to

Mike

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

Very sharp truck! I love excellence in work! 

Just one question.... how'd you get that engine/trans out of the hole and not take the gear shift off?¬†ūüėú

Big door  on floor board was made during first resto . Pulled up rug and with three guys & a lift ,very carefully.

Tony

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 88seriesrestorer said:

Tony see if they make a hydra boost brake system for it.  I put that on my 1979 f250 and that bugger stops on a dime.  I put disc brakes all the way around to

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Tony

• Like 1

I am hoping to have this P.U. at Huron S/D RPRU in 2020 because that is where I got the idea , watching the RPRU parade and saw a white one and remembered my Dad's and me driving it to school.

However, I got a little carried away on this one , but WTH its my 57 Chevy .:lol::ph34r::wub:

Tony

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

Big door  on floor board was made during first resto . Pulled up rug and with three guys & a lift ,very carefully.

Tony

Well, that answer surprised me.  I meant it tongue in cheek, lol.  I just assumed you took it off, then put it back on.  I never would have thought you pulled it with it off.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update, Tony

• Like 1

Stay tuned , going to be interesting how we end up here! 

I was hoping to be working on the 1200 B flat bed by now but things move slow in the restoration world ! However, the money part has grease on the skids moves very fast for this old guy ! Lol . I add the bill and go, "Holy Sh*t " and hope Carol glances over it , she is so imune to my crazy spending that she may just glaze over:wub::lol:B):rolleyes:

tony

• Haha 3

All stripped down . 

All measured. 

Wanted to go with local GM clip but manufacture is being a dick so may go with manufacture out of LA with mustang clip .. 

Either will work, it would be easier to custom build the GM ,being guy is in town but he has not been playing well so far. Lol , LA guy seems to want to accommodate Us much better.

will cut frame as soon as clip is in hand and have exact demensions

few pic

tony

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Tony,  truck is way better than any 567 club chevy.  Have you guys looked into Fatman Fabrication out of North Carolina?  They even list International on there website.  Might be worth a call.  Good luck with your truck,  hope to see it at Huron next year.

• Like 2

Going to check with them asap !

thanks for heads up 

tony

I know your 66 model is not listed, but least they know about IH trucks. Might be worth a phone call.  Sorry I didn’t say that in previous post.  Think they list up to 57 model year.

• Thanks 1