Sign in to follow this  
B Bakan

In need of a Swing Drive for a International 3964 Excavator (Yumbo)

A Swing drive or gearbox is a planetary like gear reduction transfer unit that is located on the main frame deck.  A gear on the bottom meshes with a large "ring gear" on the bottom of the main frame.  The other side is bolted to hydraulic motor that when you apply power turns the machine independent of the tracks.

In the 1970's International purchased a French company Called Yumbo that manufactured the machine in France.  Our machine was made somewhere between 1975 and 1978 near as I can determine.  Later International was absorbed by Dresser and now I think Komotsu owns rights.

3964B

Serial number F10155

Model E 630002

Part number 3153942R92U

I once found a thread with information on Salvage yards for Excavators here but cannot find it again.   I'm more of a direct social media or email kinda guy I find navigating forums challenging.  My email is bill@maizevalley.com 

Appreciate if anyone has a list of salvage yards or knows of a machine or part NOS lying around someplace.

Thanks

Bill 

IMG_20190102_150613.jpg

IMG_20190109_112852.jpg

Sorry I can't help with parts but I would be concerned with the rotek bearing (ring gear) also.  FP Smith in California may be able to help or steer you to someone that can.

Good luck with your search, that is pretty ugly.

Dennis

Jay Albin had a ih hoe like that on his lot ,dont know 

if he junked it as hes a equipment salvage yard

dawson nebraska