MTO

10 o`clock? 2 o`clock? 4 o`clock?

OH FWIW I don't use em.

Rick

11 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

OH you know I'm kidding, right? 

Putting a u joint  in my pickup and waiting for the snow to stop melting to put the driveshaft back on!!

You`re not made of sugar. You won`t melt.

6 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

OH FWIW I don't use em.

Rick

Well BTW FYI IMHO NHI! [neither have I]

Had to study the fwiw one for a minute.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtanker said:

Mark is business that slow?🤣🤣

Rick

He’s bored in the doghouse?

1 minute ago, Ihfan4life said:

He’s bored in the doghouse?

I am now.

Was rolling coins last night and picking the quarters out of the mix first.

She asked why I don`t separate them into piles [quarters/dimes/nickels/pennies] first.

Asked her WHO was doing this. 

She snorted and left the room. 

Rolled up $310 in 2 hrs. Pretty good wages.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

between 21;00 and 22;00 Hrs😁

Mike

btw 224'' of snow for this season so far

4 hours ago, MTO said:

You`re not made of sugar. You won`t melt.

If you say so. 

1 hour ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

I remember hitting a foxhole with the front wheels of our M when I was a kid. The steering wheel started spinning and whacked my fingers.  😡😬👿 THAT HURTS! 

Like said with hydraulic steering it moves around anyway. Otherwise I'd go for 4 O'clock..

He's just lonely in the doghouse and trying his wi fi antenna out!!!!

Image result for cartoon doghouse with a tv antenna

That's why they call them suicide knobs because non power steering units 

2 hours ago, MTO said:

Just bought a fancy red plastic one at TSC. Saw the aluminum ones for a few $ more. Maybe I`ll swap it tomorrow. 

If it's like the one's we got those two little bolts won't hold up on older equipment

1 hour ago, MTO said:

I am now.

She asked why I don`t separate them into piles [quarters/dimes/nickels/pennies] first.

And 1/2 by law is hers🤣......according to her law it's all her's!😈😈

Rick

I prefer them in their original package on the shelf at the store, or in the trash.  I hate the things.

Al

8 hours ago, sandhiller said:

2:00 on tractors. 10 and 2 in vehicles. When my son was selected for junior law cadet, an American Legion thing. He went to the State Patrol training grounds in Grand Island NE. They taught him to hold the steering wheel at 8 and 4. 

My gal is in law enforcement , she has taken the evasive driving class ( EVOC they call it ) emergence vechical operations  course and can drive backwards at amazing high speed and then spin the car around forward just like you see in the movies.  I only bring this up because she was tought to hold her left hand between 9 and 10   And right hand at 3 so while looking backwards your basically controlling the vechical with your left hand .  She also said you really just do it so you pass the course then drive the way it’s most comfortable . Spinner knobs on a vechical licensed for the road are illegal in Nebraska but is a secondary violation as far as she remembers but it could have changed . She is no longer in a marked car . 

As for tractors , I don’t use one but remember having one at 5 on dads M 

In my hand if I am driving and it has one on the wheel. The chopper has one and....... I can't remember any others except for the 1811 Cadet. That one is nice for steering but every once in a while it catches your hand on the hydro handle and that can hurt. 

In PA they are illegal in automobiles unless you have an exemption on your license . My uncle had one as he was handicapped. Usually the ones that I have seen in a car have a release to quickly remove from the base so another driver (without the license to be able to have a spinner) can drive the car also. I always had trouble using his car with my boots getting caught on the linkages for the gas and brake pedal so I would just use the hand controls instead

And the only one that I would use is the Irrigation Co one . The others pinch the palm to easily and don't spin as nice

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

My gal is in law enforcement , she has taken the evasive driving class ( EVOC they call it ) emergence vechical operations  course and can drive backwards at amazing high speed and then spin the car around forward just like you see in the movies.  I only bring this up because she was tought to hold her left hand between 9 and 10   And right hand at 3 so while looking backwards your basically controlling the vechical with your left hand .  She also said you really just do it so you pass the course then drive the way it’s most comfortable . Spinner knobs on a vechical licensed for the road are illegal in Nebraska but is a secondary violation as far as she remembers but it could have changed . She is no longer in a marked car . 

As for tractors , I don’t use one but remember having one at 5 on dads M 

I was not very clear, I use a spinner knob on tractors only and like them. NOT on autos. It was 10 or 12 years ago when my son was taught that so no doubt it has changed. Sorry for the confusion. Sometimes I try to be brief and it comes out just unclear. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Sometimes I try to be brief and it comes out just unclear. 

Ah  sandhiller........I think you had better come clean on this.....I suspect it is the "wobble factor of your  shamelessly  narrow front end ......"...as you bravely alluded to, in a recent post regarding issues on Old Tanker's  706. as I recall...

Your particular post on that issue, was screaming out for an answer.......but as your wife was involved....(pulling that ol'  logging chain of yours....).....I figured it was   a personal problem:blush:

Maybe it was just another ''spinner knob'' problem.....??

...anyway...although always curious  about logging chain stories....given  one brief reaction  from a bloke  contributing to that thread....a well put  , rather cutting comment on the thread going south....and with  yet another RP member, mildly concerned  about the Antipodean   comments in regard to US politics.........I believe he is Canadian, but even that did not  excuse him for not reading those posts correctly...sigh........thus your plea for help  was left unanswered:mellow:

I don't use spinners......what ever time it is

Mike

(Post  Script:  for a matter of truly mild interest, "Antipodean".....A citizen  of Australia or New Zealand )

That’s Dr Pepper 

6 hours ago, MTO said:

I am now.

I’m knocking on the door of the doghouse. Seems like everything I’ve done for the past two days has set her off... 

Just took the one off the 7010 and pitched it. Hate those things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bitty said:

And the only one that I would use is the Irrigation Co one . The others pinch the palm to easily and don't spin as nice

I wish they had a date on them...mine is so polished the lettering is worn...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 88power said:

That's why they call them suicide knobs because non power steering units 

When I was a kid a guy I used to help/work for broke his arm because of one of those. Lots of story's of broken and hurt arms/hands from those spinners on non power steering tractors. We got em on a few tractors here. And the combine. Some days I like them, and some days I got blood blisters lol. Any where on the wheel seems to work for me

12 hours ago, MTO said:

What`s your favorite position for a steering wheel knob?

all I have them on are full hydro...so it really doesn't matter. 

7 hours ago, MTO said:

I am now.

shame your going to have to spend it all on dinner and roses to get outa the dog house.