17 gpm hydraulic pump - what's the best source?

Cooter

I need a larger pump so I can run the loader better, so I am putting in a 17 gpm pump.  Where is the best place to buy them?  I know I can pay the big money and buy it from mother Fiat, but with them being a global company, they could be buying aftermarket made pumps and repackaging them; or they are making them in-house  Anyone had good luck with aftermarket pumps?

Many places you can get them aftermarket.  I've gotten all mine from HyCapacity.  If you need it in a hurry, Bates has them on the shelf (new) and they are the same price as everyone else.  Make sure you get the special O ring, a regular O ring won't hold.  I've converted all my 06, 56 and 66 series tractors so if anyone needs a 12 gpm pump, I've got several on the shelf that I'll make a heck of a deal on.

jerry

We put one in the 1486 from CIH, but that was 14 years ago. Still working good and about 7000 hours on it, alot of loader work too. So they do last, but I dont know if the quality is that good nowadays.

And x2 on the o ring and put the plastic retainer inside it

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input on sources, I forgot to follow up with everyone.   I re-read what I wrote and realized that I forgot to tell you that it was going in a 706.   I was hesitant about ordering one because I wasn't sure what was going to show up when the box arrived; either expensive china junk or a USA made unit.

When I was at the Farm Show I stopped by the Bates booth and talked with Brian who told me there were 3 pumps offered by everyone:  A china one, a Turkish one - that was what CNH sold, and a USA made one.   Well, that choice was easy, I buy American over any others any time I can, so I bought one there.  I got a Farm Show discount and free shipping, so now I need to install it.  

51 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Thanks for all the input on sources, I forgot to follow up with everyone.   I re-read what I wrote and realized that I forgot to tell you that it was going in a 706.   I was hesitant about ordering one because I wasn't sure what was going to show up when the box arrived; either expensive china junk or a USA made unit.

When I was at the Farm Show I stopped by the Bates booth and talked with Brian who told me there were 3 pumps offered by everyone:  A china one, a Turkish one - that was what CNH sold, and a USA made one.   Well, that choice was easy, I buy American over any others any time I can, so I bought one there.  I got a Farm Show discount and free shipping, so now I need to install it.  

So bates offers 3 different ones your saying? 

8 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

So bates offers 3 different ones your saying? 

I think so.  I know they sell the Turkish and USA one.  He was telling me about the cheap china one and how they are sold as a "one pump fits all"  even though they don't.

21 hours ago, Cooter said:

I've bought all mine from Brian but has been several years since the last one.  At that time he was pushing the Hy Capacity one.

jerry

Archived