JD Humm

Dad's birthday

Today is dad's birthday, he would have been 85.  Here is a photo of him doing what he loved best.  Hopefully Jesus is taking care of all his hay equipment repairs now.  That used to be my after hours job during haying season, LOL.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

• Like 9

Feb 12th would've been Dads 79th if not for cancer claiming him a few years ago. Wish I had a pic of him handy to post with the '53 H but don't have one. I've still got repairs to do for him Jere, your pic brought back some nice memories. Pat

• Like 1

Feb. 2 would have been my dad's 100th; he passed away in 1998 5 weeks shy of his 79th.

• Like 1

Jere, today would have been my Dad's 92nd birthday. what a coincidence! here he is doing the job that was his, in the mid '70s. I plowed, Mike disked and sprayed, and Dad planted. I still have the 656 Hi Utility he is driving. Dad died in Nov 2008, the night before the National IHCC auction was in western NY.

1907849422_DonOlinplantingcorn.jpeg.fa54e6eb8d13fcb62aef82f6b27efde2.jpeg

I never realized we shared the date. happy birthday, LD and Don.

• Like 1

Guys - my dad would have been 92 also on Feb 2. We lost him 18 months ago - he was plain worn out. He was no farmer but he married a farmers daughter and Mum never lost her love for the land and passed that onto me and one other brother. I think to get into your 90' s is a credit.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JD Humm said:

Today is dad's birthday, he would have been 85.

Jere, 1 Feb 34 was mine, so interesting to read of your dad's.

best, randy

• Like 1